oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think it's not an unreasonable assumption to make for the first couple of months, I don't think NW is the "throw him straight in" type, unless he seriously impresses I suppose. I think by December-ish he'll be a starter regularly.

It's gonna be interesting being sat in the Riverside if this happens then cos I think a lot of people will make their disapproval known.  Look at this forum and all of the excitement about signing him.  If he ends up sat on our bench for a few months then we'd better be right up there or people will not be happy.  It's going to be a very different season in that regard, no more silent stadiums and distant social media complaints.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's gonna be interesting being sat in the Riverside if this happens then cos I think a lot of people will make their disapproval known.  Look at this forum and all of the excitement about signing him.  If he ends up sat on our bench for a few months then we'd better be right up there or people will not be happy.  It's going to be a very different season in that regard, no more silent stadiums and distant social media complaints.

I agree with you, and I do wonder whether that will influence things, but I do still believe he'll introduce him slowly.

Pretty sure warnock said he hopes he will play in the Olympics so that he is match fit for the season. Also said he hopes Argentina are knocked out in the quarters. I reckon he will be in pretty quickly 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Changing Times i think our first 11 provided we sign Payero will probs look like this!if Warnock plays 4.3.3

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry Paddy Bola

Payero Howson Crooks

Tav, NEW CF, NEW LW

For the times he goes with 3 at the back I can see him sacrificing Payero or a wide player for Hall.

howson you have to be kidding, hes finished. with what we have right now:

i'd be happy with 

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry paddy hall Bola

Payero Crooks tav

uche, watmore

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i'd be happy with 

Lumley

Payero Crooks tav

uche, watmore

I was not suggesting its my team but I anticipate NW might play

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So the pair of you think that we'd be signing Payero to sit on our bench?  If Warnock really isn't arsed about signing him then I could see that I suppose but otherwise I don't think we sign a South American prospect to play 10/15 games for us.  If his set pieces really are a strong point then it's even less likely that he doesn't play in my opinion.

I just mean the formation, personally I'd much prefer a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Payero Tav and Morsy just sitting slightly deeper and we sign a quality winger on the right with Watmore on the left 

18 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i'd be happy with 

Lumley

Payero Crooks tav

uche, watmore

Push paddy out of defence and into a defensive midfield role and have the 3 other midfielders spread across the pitch and I quite like that formation. Bit Christmas tree like. Morsy probably more suited to that role but I've still not seen anything from him to suggest he's a starter. I appreciate I'm in the minority there. 

1 minute ago, LBP said:

I just mean the formation, personally I'd much prefer a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Payero Tav and Morsy just sitting slightly deeper and we sign a quality winger on the right with Watmore on the left 

Yeah you could be right in that respect.

5 minutes ago, LBP said:

Love the thought of that midfield. But too adventurous for Warnock - remember he played morsy, saville and howson as our 3 at every opportunity last season. 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Love the thought of that midfield. But too adventurous for Warnock - remember he played morsy, saville and howson as our 3 at every opportunity last season. 

Has everything and most importantly Payero and Tav on another level physically to Saville and Howson

Our midfields been so slow, stale and lacking cutting edge the past few seasons, been a major reason why we can't score at home 

Away from home you could put Crooks in there and put Tav on the right, bit more defensively minded and then with Ikpeazu as the outlet ball Crooks can be slightly more advanced to feed off knockdowns, get us up the pitch 

• Like 1
Just now, LBP said:

Has everything and most importantly Payero and Tav on another level physically to Saville and Howson

Our midfields been so slow, stale and lacking cutting edge the past few seasons, been a major reason why we can't score at home 

Away from home you could put Crooks in there and put Tav on the right, bit more defensively minded and then with Ikpeazu as the outlet ball Crooks can be slightly more advanced to feed off knockdowns, get us up the pitch 

Agree with you mate. Another reason why it's do or die for Warnock this season. The tools are there to play a decent brand of football. When he chooses pragmatism and poor football in an attempt to gain results, he gets all the praise in world if he gets us promoted but deserves all of the criticism he gets if he doesn't, considering the option is there to try to be more progressive. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""