oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

15 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think your final sentence there is key, Fry and Hall won't be fit all season judging off recent history. That said going off pre season I think he's likely to start in midfield alongside Morsy and Payero (if he comes), Crooks will be higher up the pitch

Where do you think we will play Crooks then?  Out wide or rather tucked in?  If we have a three man midfield then that would only leave 3 spots open ahead of them?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Where do you think we will play Crooks then?  Out wide or rather tucked in?  If we have a three man midfield then that would only leave 3 spots open ahead of them?

I think he will play off the striker or as a second striker, he's a strange one because he started as a CB, moved to defensive midfield but his success at the end of the season has predominantly came higher up the pitch either centrally or in the 3 behind the striker.

In reality, I have no idea how we will set up mind but that's just my guess going off pre season games so far. A lot depends on the strikers and attacking midfielders we bring in too

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think he will play off the striker or as a second striker, he's a strange one because he started as a CB, moved to defensive midfield but his success at the end of the season has predominantly came higher up the pitch either centrally or in the 3 behind the striker.

In reality, I have no idea how we will set up mind but that's just my guess going off pre season games so far. A lot depends on the strikers and attacking midfielders we bring in too

It's not just the end of the season, it's two seasons with Rotherham. 10 goals in L1, 7 in the champo.

Just seen training video club released today. Did not see Coulson, Wing and Bola.

Bola continued absence from pre season is a worry.

Howson was back and I expect him to get minutes tomorrow.

Bamba and Patterson were also taking part in everything. Would like to see Bamba in action v York tomorrow.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Just seen training video club released today. Did not see Coulson, Wing and Bola.

Bola continued absence from pre season is a worry.

Howson was back and I expect him to get minutes tomorrow.

Bamba and Patterson were also taking part in everything. Would like to see Bamba in action v York tomorrow.

All three recovering from injury. Coulson did his thigh, Wing is getting a scan on his shin & Bola is still recovering from that hernia.

Think NW said they expect him back for York though, so guess we wait and see!

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All three recovering from injury. Coulson did his thigh, Wing is getting a scan on his shin & Bola is still recovering from that hernia.

Think NW said they expect him back for York though, so guess we wait and see!

Yeah them 3 are injured but Bola injury is worrying. As is Sammy Ameobi’s. Hopefully NW can shed light on that tomorrow evening

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Ahh I'd thought he started the championship season in midfield

Think even when he plays as a CM he plays as an attacking one anyway nowadays, so it's basically the same thing really with him. He's going to be in the box whether he's running there from deep or from near the front.

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah them 3 are injured but Bola injury is worrying. As is Sammy Ameobi’s. Hopefully NW can shed light on that tomorrow evening

Yeah the Ameobi one I'm hoping is simply it's lagging behind after the self isolation and it's nothing serious.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Jovatic is moving to Hertha Berlin 😞 there goes that completely legit link

BL did everything in his power to persuade the Montenegrin hitman to link up with Warny, but in the end the cultural flair of Berlin proved too much. 

So close yet so far 

2 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think your final sentence there is key, Fry and Hall won't be fit all season judging off recent history. That said going off pre season I think he's likely to start in midfield alongside Morsy and Payero (if he comes), Crooks will be higher up the pitch

I suppose if one of those is then injured, then McNair can step into that gap. But personally I'm a little sceptical of his ability to play in a back 4 and I do think we can find better for those positions. Midfield is an interesting point, Warnock has mentioned he likes the 5-2-3, which would probably see McNair deployed on the left of a back 3.

But where I see potential for thinking McNair is surplus is in the 4-3-3 (Warnock has said he likes). If that is our go to formation for the season,  judging on the line-ups last season and who we've brought in (and looking to bring in Payero), I'm not sure McNair starts in a 4-3-3.

If we go 4-3-3 I reckon we'll see Crooks effectively take up a similar role to what Saville had last season. He'll be encouraged/allowed to step up from midfield (with the ball) and press (without the ball) alongside the lone striker. Think Morsy will be a starter most games and we know Howson is one of Warnock's favourites.

With Payero coming in, Wing potentially staying (obviously he may yet leave) and a few younger lads (Malley, Hackney) around the squad, I can see why the suggestion McNair is a sellable asset comes into consideration.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Joe bennett is still available on a free. Wonder if Warnock will be tempted the longer Bola is out

Probs not imo. Think Warnock wants a full back who can also play CB or visa verser hence the links with Bryan and Brown. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""