oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, Changing Times said:

How?  We have a supposed limit on our max wage, which is nowhere near what he's on at Watford.  I thought it was claimed that we wouldn't be offering wages like we were prepared to pay even for loan players last season?  Seems a really strange link to me.  Maybe he's willing to take a pay cut?

It's pretty common. the selling club has to pay the player  a termination fee, which covers for a % of the loss of earnings at the buying club. Plus potentially the player taking a cut.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

He'd be signing for us cos of the money?

he'd probably be getting a pay rise with any transfer. 

though i'd think the USE club probably have more spare change than us

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Atletico Madrid had agreed to buy him for 5m euro, so they definitely were interested. Just fell apart after Al Nasr offered more money, Flamengo went back to Atl Madrid to up the price and they told Flamengo to sod off and withdrew.

What about everyone else?  He's one of Brazil's best prospects apparently.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

It's pretty common. the selling club has to pay the player  a termination fee, which covers for a % of the loss of earnings at the buying club. Plus potentially the player taking a cut.

I know how transfers can work, I'm just surprised that the difference in what we are apparently setting for our max wage, and what he is paid at Watford, is pretty big.  I assume we were paying more for the likes of Bolasie and Bettinelli last season than we could pay this season.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Inter Milan was just paper talk as far as I know. I don't know about other interest, but you just said that they aren't interested, so I wanted to correct you that Atl Madrid aren't interested now but that's due to Flamengo, not the player.

10 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

If wing is leaving then the club must obviously be very confident of payero signing

Probably, but we didn't want him last season either, so there isn't really any difference.

I know how transfers can work, I'm just surprised that the difference in what we are apparently setting for our max wage, and what he is paid at Watford, is pretty big.  I assume we were paying more for the likes of Bolasie and Bettinelli last season than we could pay this season.

in most cases, players on the list have shown shown interest (via an agent) for them to be on the list.

so, yu never know

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe Brazilian prospects aren't what they used to be.

Just now, BoroJake said:

Very surprised wing went to Sheffield Wednesday. Thought Rotherham would want him

let's hope we got a better deal with SW.

they've replaced a left footed scorer of spectacular goals with a right footed one.

has Reach signed for anyone yet?

1 minute ago, macapes said:

Maybe Brazilian prospects aren't what they used to be.

I dunno?  I know nothing about the lad, which is why I was asking about him.  Usually players like this end up in Portugal or somewhere like that.  They don't often find their way to the Championship or UAE.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:
12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

If wing is leaving then the club must obviously be very confident of payero signing

Probably, but we didn't want him last season either, so there isn't really any difference.

Yeah, I've seen a few people on Twitter saying the same thing about Payero, and it probably is close to happening. But the other night we had the midfield that started, Howson, and then Malley and Hackney, who are both in Warnock's thoughts at least for now. 

It was always fairly likely that Wing would be gone by the end of this window.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""