oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

To be fair sending Bausor half way around the world on what is probably a fruitless effort is actually an improvement on previous windows where we've sat around for months waiting for Premier League players to give us the pleasure of their presence on loan.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

So Wing signed for an extra year but pleaded to leave.  Right ok.

well if he doesn't think he'll get game time this year, but thinks he might next year once Warnock is gone it makes a bit more sense I think

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

well if he doesn't think he'll get game time this year, but thinks he might next year once Warnock is gone it makes a bit more sense I think

No, I get that part of it.  It just doesn't seem like the best way to be doing things when people want to be somewhere else until the current manager leaves.

12 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

“I don’t think Brazilians and Argentinians have a problem adapting to aggressive football. They’re born to do it. I haven’t got a problem with that. When we first spoke about it, I said, ‘Yeah, bring it on. It doesn’t bother me’. The only thing is, they’ll not get my jokes will they?”

Reading between the lines this sounds like we have a NW recruitment strategy and then we have the clubs strategy… things don’t change! 

In this moment, it's probably to be viewed as a positive.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, I get that part of it.  It just doesn't seem like the best way to be doing things when people want to be somewhere else until the current manager leaves.

I think Wing just wants to be playing regular football. Don’t think it’s any more then that imo. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

A fringe player who knows he cant defend like Warnock likes .. Not "people".

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So Wing signed for an extra year but pleaded to leave.  Right ok.

Could you just stop it for once, please?

Wing is not going to feature heavily in Warnock's plans this season, and he wants to play regularly. He's signed an extension to his contract with the aim of going out on loan and hopefully doing well enough to earn a first team spot next season. It's not that difficult to understand.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I think Wing just wants to be playing regular football. Don’t think it’s any more then that imo. 

Yeah, and he clearly believes he has a better chance of doing that under a different manager here or he wouldn't have signed a new deal I assume?

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Could you just stop it for once, please?

Wing is not going to feature heavily in Warnock's plans this season, and he wants to play regularly. He's signed an extension to his contract with the aim of going out on loan and hopefully doing well enough to earn a first team spot next season. It's not that difficult to understand.

Stop what?  The only way he can earn a first team spot here is under a different manager,  yes or no?  He's 26 now, 27 next season, we're not talking about a 20 year old.  So we have a midfield that doesn't function particularly well, and we have a midfielder who won't get much of a chance despite this, and he knows it, so he would rather play somewhere else for a year.  What bit about that is a good thing?

Just now, Changing Times said:

Stop what?  The only way he can earn a first team spot here is under a different manager,  yes or no?  He's 26 now, 27 next season, we're not talking about a 20 year old.  So we have a midfield that doesn't function particularly well, and we have a midfielder who won't get much of a chance despite this, and he knows it, so he would rather play somewhere else for a year.  What bit about that is a good thing?

At least he wants to come back and isn't asking to move away permanently..? Silver lining?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""