oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

the formation will have tav right wing watmore left wing and uche up front. with a back 4 (picks itself really) midfield hopefully consisting of payero and two others. two of malley, howson, paddy(hopefully as prefer him in midfield), morsy, crooks. 

god knows what first game will be though doubt bola will be in uche might be injured payero probably wont be here or not start.

--------lumley

dijksteel fry hall bola

-----paddy morsy

--------payero

tav-----------------dunc

----------uche

------------------realistic 1st game team?

--------lumley

dijksteel fry hall paddy

-----morsy crooks tav

spence-----------------dunc

----------akpom

if we play with wingbacks in early competitive games i'm refusing to watch it will be brutal.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what I know we have only watched 2 strikers from abroad live.

1 which we turned away from because we were not impressed and didn't represent value for money. The other player is still ongoing but depends on outgoings such as Akpom for a fee.

Is that Rhys Healey do you think?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

We’re an injury from Tav away from having nothing creative in our team which is very worrying!

payero will hopefully have us less reliant on the one player. better get our *** in gear and sign him quickly.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Paddy as a starting CB and quite frankly would much rather him there than bend formations trying to fit him in elsewhere.

People are forgetting that a back 4 of Bola/McNair/ Fry and BigDjik was the best defence in the league for a decent length of time until injuries. Hall has done nothing for me to say he must start, he makes a half decent back up. 

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Paddy as a starting CB and quite frankly would much rather him there than bend formations trying to fit him in elsewhere.

People are forgetting that a back 4 of Bola/McNair/ Fry and BigDjik was the best defence in the league for a decent length of time until injuries. Hall has done nothing for me to say he must start, he makes a half decent back up. 

Hall was immense in the back half of last season to be fair.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hall was immense in the back half of last season to be fair.

Central is solid, its our full/wing backs i think we have an issue with. I'd go out on a limb and say id have Jones on the left 

30 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

All this talk of us switching formation to match up whoever were playing... I really hate that. Were hoping to be one of the top 3 teams in the league, we need to be imposing our own style and you only get results from consistency. Can anyone name a team in any league that has finished as one of the 3 best teams that changes their whole set up based on their opponents?

433 or 4231 is very clearly our best option, everyone can see it - so let's work on it and make sure everyone knows their jobs inside and out. If we're good enough at our own jobs then it shouldn't matter what our opponents are doing. 

I definitely agree with these points. In Warnock's defence though, I suppose if the situation did call for us to play 3 at the back, it's better for us to tinker with it in preseason than to just blindly have a go at it in a competitive game. If it takes a friendly loss for him to see that Dijksteel isn't a wing back, then that's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Central is solid, its our full/wing backs i think we have an issue with. I'd go out on a limb and say id have Jones on the left 

if we're going full backs, Bola is great, he's come on leaps and bounds. If we want wing backs, I'm actually with you and would not be opposed to seeing how Jones does. My concern is because he's a winger by trade he might not be very strong defensively, which would just cause another Coulson situation.

Just now, Brunners said:

if we're going full backs, Bola is great, he's come on leaps and bounds. If we want wing backs, I'm actually with you and would not be opposed to seeing how Jones does. My concern is because he's a winger by trade he might not be very strong defensively, which would just cause another Coulson situation.

Agree about Bola if we play full backs he's good defensively isnt he

Just now, Tom said:

I definitely agree with these points. In Warnock's defence though, I suppose if the situation did call for us to play 3 at the back, it's better for us to tinker with it in preseason than to just blindly have a go at it in a competitive game. If it takes a friendly loss for him to see that Dijksteel isn't a wing back, then that's not the end of the world. 

I don't see why yesterday is a good judge of Dijksteel as a wing-back. He spent the most significant defensive moments of the game, i.e. the goals we conceded, on the other side of the pitch because of a man-marking system that pulled him out of position with nobody covering for him.

I think we learned more about why having your right wing-back man marking across the pitch in a 5 at the back system is dumb (or at least hard to do properly) than we did about Dijksteel individually in that position. I still think he was decent going forward.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""