• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I don't think he is being followed by Muniz!

To be fair, Mendieta once followed me on twitter, then very quickly unfollowed me again... (I think he must have thought I was the official premier league twitter account as my profile pic was the old premier league logo :p)... same could have happened here!

20210728_130734.thumb.jpg.aa1eda24fe50ea562591c65a736569d6.jpg

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

To be fair, Mendieta once followed me on twitter, then very quickly unfollowed me again... (I think he must have thought I was the official premier league twitter account as my profile pic was the old premier league logo :p)... same could have happened here!

True - to be fair - I am being cynical after seeing the photoshopped image of Rodrigo.

Now Mendieta was a top bloke.  I taught his two kids for a while before they moved back to Spain with their mum.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Seems like an incredibly arrogant take to me. There are very few teams world wide that stick to the same formation week in week out regardless of opposition. Are we really in a position to say that we’re A) competing for a top 3 position right now and B) good enough to compete for a top 3 position by imposing our will on the rest of the league?

The answer for me to both questions is a resounding no. That may change but right now, we’re no where close to that level of comfort.

I don't think it's arrogant at all. 

Warnock is here for one thing and one thing only - promotion. Otherwise what is the point of him being here? It has to be this season as hell likely retire next summer, so we need to start thinking and preparing like we can finish amongst the top 3 teams or its never going to happen. 

Most top teams in their respective divisions do stick to he same formation every single week btw. Man utd, man city, Liverpool, Chelsea (after lampard went), Leicester all stuck to the same set up all season and they were the top 5 teams in the country. Same for the top teams in every league around europe. Better quality leagues obviously but the same concept applies wherever you go. 

We saw this all last season, and not just against the top teams. Warnock was changing his entire team and approach for teams at the bottom end of the league game after game and it backfired on countless occasions. 

It's no coincidence that our one promotion season in the last 12 years since relegation was the season we played the same 11 in the same formation all season long. I don't think we had the best players in the league that season, I don't think we had the 2nd best either. But we got there through consistency and everyone knowing their jobs back to front regardless of who we played. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

He used to follow me too, and I've seen he's watched a couple of my Instagram stories every now and again. Strange

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I came across him randomly on Linkedin and he accepted my invite, now I get spammed with all his UEFA stuff. 

Weirdest social media thing I've had was Danny Batth liked a few of my posts despite me not following him or posting anything Boro related, whilst he was with us. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""