oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I don't understand why we're scraping around for bargain basement players but then will splurge around 12-13m on unknown south americans.. I much rather we just gave that money to NW and let him bring in players he knows and trusts.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah excatly what Mr Maz said. Because of their high wages, they are banking on promotion so want all deals to be put onto next season to avoid sanctions. Big big risk if it backfires and they don't go up.

And there’s only one auto promotion spot left because we are going up as champions 😃

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I don't understand why we're scraping around for bargain basement players but then will splurge around 12-13m on unknown south americans.. I much rather we just gave that money to NW and let him bring in players he knows and trusts.

Because I presume the club doesn’t want to spend over 10 million on loads of old players with no resale value. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

guess the thinking is value for money, along with the payment options available with South American teams.

Imagine trying to buy similar English prospects for this much on the terms rumoured?

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Warnock will be gone in less than a years time I’d rather do this than clog up the wage bill on ball lumping athletes.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else has this thought..

It really feels like we have a twin track plan at the moment.

So Warnock is buying and dealing for now. 

But Boro are keeping things long term - Warnock said Wing has extended for a year, Coulson going on loan but not sold. And some young exciting players being brought in.

I do wonder whether they know who is replacing Neil next season and are planning ahead. 

Maybe ready too much into things.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

But Boro are keeping things long term - Warnock said Wing has extended for a year, Coulson going on loan but not sold. And some young exciting players being brought in.

I do wonder whether they know who is replacing Neil next season and are planning ahead. 

is Woody coming back?

• Angry 2
1 minute ago, edinboro said:

You have hit the nail on the head... An old face may be returning soon as well in a new role.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
Just now, edinboro said:

Agree with this - it is much better to be buying players with potential and the ability to play different styles of football, than a load of players who only fit Warnock’s system that our next manager won’t want.

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Boro with long term plans would be incredible 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""