• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We need the best person for the job. That may well be someone who we've had before, though I'd say that's less likely since we've not really had very many former players go on to have a successful off the field career. 

I think the best person for the particular job that needs doing here will be someone without any ties to Gibson.  Ideally someone with a reputation big enough that he doesn't need to be here, and won't accept interference.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

My thoughts exactly. I understand the so called 'long term' plan but can't understand why we didn't make the change this summer

they may not make it into the long term plan, but NW thinks they improve the squad (as do I) so the new manager will have a better squad when he joins, rather than taking over a team with huge gaps this season

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

they may not make it into the long term plan, but NW thinks they improve the squad (as do I) so the new manager will have a better squad when he joins, rather than taking over a team with huge gaps this season

It's not like they're useless lumps who are useless when they're not heading on flick ons either. Both Crooks and Uche can play.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

It's not like they're useless lumps who are useless when they're not heading on flick ons either. Both Crooks and Uche can play.

exactly, Peltier is short term, and Lumley is there to give our long list of goalkeeper prospects a chance to develop

Just now, Brunners said:

Based on what?  They were ok for about 20 mins last night and then did next to nothing.

Some good points on here.

I'm excited at the prospect of signing a couple of South American youngsters, its certainly more interesting than shopping in the lower leagues for bargains. 

However, I do get the feeling that these aren't Warnock signings and might be some of Gibson's 'gifts'. We've got things wrong in the past when senior people in the club have been on different pages, I just hope we are trying to build something rather than having a one off season where we go for it. 

• Like 5
Just now, Changing Times said:

Based on what?  They were ok for about 20 mins last night and then did next to nothing.

you do realise that they played football before they came to Boro? 🙂

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

And a squad that he can develop himself with a budget that he can spend himself on players that he actually wants.

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

you do realise that they played football before they came to Boro? 🙂

I do.  Let me know when they've done anything in their careers that mark them out as at least top end Championship players cos I haven't seen it?

Warnock today said Lumley, Peltier, Ameobi, Crooks and Uche combined are costing less than Britts wage.

No big surprise when you think about it as Britt was widely reported to be on 38k and i would not expect any of our summer signings to be 10k individually.

We can only really view the long term strategy in retrospect. Like we viewed the last 'long term' project, which collapsed within months of Woody's reign. We know that was crap, we can see it was crap. We can see we haven't built up from it, we went back to square one. And like it or not, every long term strategy that fails gives you less belief in the following one.

It's our football club so we'll never stop hoping we do it properly. It's up to the club to make believers out of us, though.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""