• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

It won't be 50% of any sell on fee. 

It will only kick in once it goes over a certain threshold. If we sell him for £4m they won't get £2m. 

Profit percentages aren't the only way of doing it though, there is a chance it is actually just percentage of a future fee. If that is the case it would mean regardless of if we sell him for a profit or not, we lose half the fee to Flamengo.

Good chance you and Tom are right, just the way it's translated reads to me like it's not a profit percentage.

Evidently Bausor told Flamengo... “Look, we really want Rodrigo Muniz. Just name your price in million pounds sterling. We will give you anything you want and beat Fulham’s offer. As a goodwill gesture you can then double it and add six million. We then came back with the offer of dividing it in half, and subtracting the amount of money they first wanted”. It looks like costing us £3 million pounds if the deal goes through.

Edited by sambaDTR
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's all getting a bit expensive for an 20 year old who's scored 6 goals..

Same, I’m worried where we have all this money from all of a sudden, and if it could be spent more wisely on proven players

8 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Same, I’m worried where we have all this money from all of a sudden, and if it could be spent more wisely on proven players

I don't even worry too much about the money or where it comes from but Brazilian excitement aside, what have we got to suggest this lad is worth all this effort? Fulham can much more manage the risk, where as we are banking on him being good

I was a lot more positive before rumours of deal contents keep getting leaked.  If we are buying an unproven risk like Muniz then we need to keep a bigger slice of the pie.  Nowhere near as happy giving away 50% of future fee/profit.  I could imagine that we would be in similar position to when Adama left and everyone was going mad at the transfer fee (of which we owed villa a chunk).  For me if we are taking the risk then needs to the be potential for big profit.

Edited by Youngy228
5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I was a lot more positive before rumours of deal contents keep getting leaked.  If we are buying an unproven risk like Muniz then we need to keep a bigger slice of the pie.  Nowhere near as happy giving away 50% of future fee/profit.  I could imagine that we would be in similar position to when Adam left and everyone was going mad at the transfer fee (of which we owed villa a chunk).  For me if we are taking the risk then needs to the be potential for big profit.

I'm almost certain we didn't give any of the Adama fee to Villa.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm almost certain we didn't give any of the Adama fee to Villa.

There was a minimum Fee release (which most people thought was half what he was worth).  I know we still owed Villa money but thought they also had sell on clauses (reason villa were prepared to sell for so low) - may well be wrong though.  

The South American transfer makes sense as UK based players can have have ridiculous transfer fees that are over inflated and often wage expectations but only if we negotiate a sensible deal and don't get into a bidding war.

This lad has played around as many professional matches as his age, doesn’t appear prolific, and could be a wonderkid or a pup. I can’t see how they can be allowing themselves to get caught in a bidding war. We have Leo, they have a whole management set up that speaks his language. They have London and all its temptations and we have Yarm.

I think we should get off the merry-go-round before the music stops. More and more seems to be going into the hands of the selling club and the risk on the winner. Let Fulham have this project now. The kid seems to want Fulham, lets move on. There will be others with more experience on the planet we can use who are likely to be more dependable from the off.

• Like 7
29 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

This lad has played around as many professional matches as his age, doesn’t appear prolific, and could be a wonderkid or a pup. I can’t see how they can be allowing themselves to get caught in a bidding war. We have Leo, they have a whole management set up that speaks his language. They have London and all its temptations and we have Yarm.

I think we should get off the merry-go-round before the music stops. More and more seems to be going into the hands of the selling club and the risk on the winner. Let Fulham have this project now. The kid seems to want Fulham, lets move on. There will be others with more experience on the planet we can use who are likely to be more dependable from the off.

This is how I'm starting to feel too... Can we gamble £8m on potential right now? 

We obviously have a decent chunk to spend on a striker for the first time since Assombalonga and Fletcher. Really important to get this right.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Yea this is what I’ve been saying even about Payero. Fans screaming for them but what do we actually know about them to be spending so much?! IF they turn out great then that’s amazing and of course I’d be over the moon but didn’t think we had the funds to be gambling with so much money at the moment. Seems to be two different transfer plans, one let’s find out of contract or lower fee players from ‘smaller’ clubs. Two, ah let’s have a go they might turn out to be world class so let’s spend 6million.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""