oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Oh, I am not in the know, but I have befriended a guy, who gets some info. 

I tried squeezing him, but he only spilled, what I have shared here ... 

Respect for that! 

you squeezed your sauce, and a few drops came out

• Haha 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Oh, I am not in the know, but I have befriended a guy, who gets some info. 

I tried squeezing him, but he only spilled, what I have shared here ... 

Respect for that! 

so this guy is your latest squeeze?

Crowbarring an unqualified ex-player into a DOF role would be absolutely peak Gibson as it'd help him retain ultimate control, yet give the illusion of an autonomous DOF.

If we're aiming for a DOF then we need to go completely external and run a proper recruitment process and allow them to operate without Gibson's meddling: that would attract the highest possible quality candidates. There'll be quite a few DOF's, assistant DOF's, head of recruitment etc at the high performing clubs like Brentford, Norwich that would jump at the chance to lead a rejuvenation of a good sized Championship club like us.

One option that stands out is Norwich's head of recruitment Kieran Scott, who we were linked with just last month, but I'd suspect that he'd want a similar level of full control to what his boss Stuart Webber has at Norwich, which will surely be too much for Gibson. Maybe that's why we're seemingly going down this "old face" route as they'll be far more open to accepting Gibson's continuing influence? The candidates who are willing to tolerate Gibson's meddling aren't going to be of a particularly high standard. The best candidates, like Kieran Scott at Norwich, will know that full control is the most effective way to operate, so won't accept it and will happily wait for the right opportunity.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

My sauce told me, that the mystery person is a former player in the 30's 40's bracket ... 

He wouldn't and couldn't answer if it was a foreigner or not ..  (which lead me to think he IS foreign) 

Deep respect to my sauce, that he couldn't be persuaded to telling any useful hints .. I like that .. There are enough blabbermouths 

Foreign to us, our foreign to you? 😉

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Crowbarring an unqualified ex-player into a DOF role would be absolutely peak Gibson as it'd help him retain ultimate control, yet give the illusion of an autonomous DOF.

If we're aiming for a DOF then we need to go completely external and run a proper recruitment process and allow them to operate without Gibson's meddling: that would attract the highest possible quality candidates. There'll be quite a few DOF's, assistant DOF's, head of recruitment etc at the high performing clubs like Brentford, Norwich that would jump at the chance to lead a rejuvenation of a good sized Championship club like us.

One option that stands out is Norwich's head of recruitment Kieran Scott, who we were linked with just last month, but I'd suspect that he'd want a similar level of full control to what his boss Stuart Webber has at Norwich, which will surely be too much for Gibson. Maybe that's why we're seemingly going down this "old face" route as they'll be far more open to accepting Gibson's continuing influence? The candidates who are willing to tolerate Gibson's meddling aren't going to be of a particularly high standard. The best candidates, like Kieran Scott at Norwich, will know that full control is the most effective way to operate, so won't accept it and will happily wait for the right opportunity.

who said anything about unqualified, maybe they are.... it's all rumour and conjecture for now. not worth getting wound up about it........yet

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

who said anything about unqualified, maybe they are.... it's all rumour and conjecture for now. not worth getting wound up about it........yet

Very true. It just feels like as we've been here many times before, we know what direction it's heading...

Well it's obviously woodgate, didn't get the recognition he deserved for taking the job as a fall guy as the club restructured. In the right age bracket. And now has more experience after his last job, he will come back as 1st team coach with Warnock moving upstairs to director of football 😂

• Angry 1

Where’s RAF when you need him? Gave us all a boost of positivity last night and then since Fulham jumped ahead of us there hasn’t been much else reported. I need some positivity! 😅

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, CWC said:

Where’s RAF when you need him? Gave us all a boost of positivity last night and then since Fulham jumped ahead of us there hasn’t been much else reported. I need some positivity! 😅

200.gif

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

My sauce told me, that the mystery person is a former player in the 30's 40's bracket ... 

He wouldn't and couldn't answer if it was a foreigner or not ..  (which lead me to think he IS foreign) 

Deep respect to my sauce, that he couldn't be persuaded to telling any useful hints .. I like that .. There are enough blabbermouths 

What sauce is this ----- Heinz ketchup 😂😂😂😂

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""