oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I don't understand you man. You'll take literally anything as a chance to bash the club and NW, including a *** depth CB signing who is going to be something like 5th or 6th choice at the club. Absolutely unreal.

I said a 36 year old who has started 1 game in 2 and a half years is a crap signing. I want us to have appropriate back up so whatever happened at the end of last season doesn't happen again. That's all I have said. I've also said on numerous occasions that I won't judge until we see what the makeup of the squad is at the end of the window but that I'm worried if he's our only signing for that position. 

I never once took a swipe at the club or Warnock during this discussion, and I've been extremely positive about some of our other links this summer, stop being so bloody dramatic. 

Honestly I'm really tired of being accused of pessimistic just because I don't like the direction of the club at times and I call out crap when I see it. Couldn't even be bothered anymore 

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think we'll replace Spence with an out-and-out winger if we're playing with wing-backs half the season, though. He's one of those players that Warnock will like simply for him being able to defend as well as attack, whether he sees him as a good player or not.

Even just looking back on the York City game, the difference in the 2nd half when Spence was playing out wide when we were defending was really noticeable, they didn't get in down the left as often if at all in the 2nd half from my recollection because he was doing the job I presume Paterson or Crooks were meant to be doing in the first half and didn't do very well. I could see a scenario with maybe a Kebano-like player playing at wing-back instead of Peltier. He played there once or twice IIRC last season?

Still, I think we're worst off right now losing a Watmore or a Tav to injury than we are a couple of defenders, even assuming we only signed Bamba. I sincerely doubt Bamba is an alternative to Bryan or Brown though, mate.

The fact Bamba is here, hasn't got a contract yet and we're still heavily going after Bryan and Brown should be evidence enough of that.

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Anyone else somewhat underwhelmed at the collective signings to date?!

I'm happy with Ikpeazu cause I think he'll suit the system and we only paid 600k for him.

Other than that they're underwhelming.

Keeper looks absolutely mid-table.

We've not really improved in any areas though.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Really like the look of Crooks from what little we've seen so far, even Ikpeazu looks much better than I anticipated but maybe I'm just biased now he's signed

Ameobi and Lumley have no feelings towards really, just making up the numbers 

Badly need a goalscorer and a few creators bringing in 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The fact Bamba is here, hasn't got a contract yet and we're still heavily going after Bryan and Brown should be evidence enough of that.

Dont necessarily agree with that. Going after Brown or Bryan is not a reflection of Bamba’s ability but a reflection that Bamba is not left footed and therefore cannot play left back.

I can see us signing Bamba AND one of Brown/Bryan but i think ideally NW wants Brown/Bryan as they can cover both positions. 

For what its worth i am hoping NW forced to play Coulson v Fulham and the lad has a great game and ends up staying. I think Coulson at LWB could excel and it seems certain its wing backs we will play this season.

People will rightly say that NW clearly does not want Coulson but he also thought Bola was garbage when he first seen and Bola soon changed his mind. Coulson could do same at LWB if given chance.

19 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Jury's out on the keeper, centre/right-back cover, an injured winger... I'm relatively pleased with Crooks and Ikpeazu so far in what we've seen but even then, it's when we play the Championship sides that we'll see what they're actually made of. It's not screaming promotion side right now.

The signings so far have screamed mid table championship club because that is where we are now. 

I will be surprised if we can get a team that is functioning and gelling and will gladly eat my words if we do. But, we are signing players who are underwhelming because that’s where we are now, an underwhelming club. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The signings so far have screamed mid table championship club because that is where we are now. 

I will be surprised if we can get a team that is functioning and gelling and will gladly eat my words if we do. But, we are signing players who are underwhelming because that’s where we are now, an underwhelming club. 

We are worse off right now than last season imo. Hopefully some key signings will change that

• Like 3

At this point before last season, we had signed Grant Hall, whilst losing Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Gestede, Morrison, Pears and Clayton plus the loanees.

We didn't make a second signing until the day before the opening game.

This time we've lost Johnson, Fletcher, Assombalonga, Mendez-Laing, Archer, Saville, Wing and the loanees, but have already brought in 5 replacements with more on the way, the season doesn't start for another 11 days and the transfer window doesn't shut for well over a month.

We're in a much more stable place than the start of last season financially too.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 8
20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

At this point before last season, we had signed Grant Hall, whilst losing Friend, Ayala, Gestede, Morrison, Pears and Clayton plus the loanees.

We didn't make a second signing until the day before the opening game.

This time we've lost Johnson, Fletcher, Assombalonga, Mendez-Laing, Archer, Saville, Wing and the loanees, but have already brought in 5 replacements with more on the way, the season doesn't start for another 11 days and the transfer window doesn't shut for well over a month.

We're in a much more stable place than the start of last season financially too.

Does the window not shut half way through August now?

2 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Does the window not shut half way through August now?

11pm on Tuesday the 31st of August.

They reverted back to the old way because the Premier League clubs complained that it put them at a disadvantage compared to the other big leagues.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""