oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

The saga continues.... We have gone in with improved offer hoping that Flamengo pull out of negotiations with Fulham!

Fulham offering player around 25-30k a week where ours is believed to be just under 20k.

Strange. I'd been told our offer was under half of that as a basic.

He's on 2/3rds of f' all at the minute.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

I feel that some of the people who fall out of love with Boro, do so because they don't manage their own expectations. 

I think some people just get fed up by abysmal decision making. I think people wouldn't grumble with all the years in the championship if we had a clear plan as a club but the random decisions and constant wasting of any money we end up getting is hard to take at times.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I do get that I really do but a hint of Ali Brownlee optimism wouldn't go amiss now and again

I've given plenty of that, you just have to sift back through the COVID and EUROs chat to find it. 😂

I suppose it wasn't optimism as such but I am incredibly excited to be back at the Riverside on the 14th. It might be crap but I don't know if I could ever walk away from it now I've been there and experienced it as an adult.

If Ali was still around, I think that'd cheer us all up a little come opening night. Really miss having him on the airwaves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

Yes but its the quality or lack of it we have brought in so far that worries me. Would not of been bothered on jot if we had not signed any of the players we have so far.

What's wrong with the quality of players coming in?

Lumley, still early, but can't be worse than beteneli. 

Crooks, an improvement of Saville in physique, adaptability and goals. 

Uche, more suited to our game. 

Ameobi, good addition and different to what we have, he just needs to get fit

We are still to replace our loan players, but they came in January last season, if we replace them in the summer window, we're ahead of last season

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I think some people just get fed up by abysmal decision making. I think people wouldn't grumble with all the years in the championship if we had a clear plan as a club but the random decisions and constant wasting of any money we end up getting is hard to take at times.

Yeah that's annoying, but it's still my club. 

Its like my kids, they're annoying and make poor decisions, but I'm never going to fall out of love with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

Yes but its the quality or lack of it we have brought in so far that worries me. Would not of been bothered on jot if we had not signed any of the players we have so far.

I think Crooks and Peltier will prove a few people wrong, Lumley once he has a few games under his belt should be steady too. I do really hope we get Payero, a defender or two and some decent loans though

Strikers is the main worry for me because if not Muniz, then who? 

In terms of outgoings though, I only feel we will miss Bolasie. Kebano was good on the eye but has a no better record than Paterson who we have on trial but it depends if he impresses once his ankle improves

Can I just say it is absolutely BARMY that people have written off Lumley without seeing him play a SINGLE competitive game for the club.

If he was called Jose Lumriguez everyone would be getting his face tattooed on their belly. Nuts.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

The saga continues.... We have gone in with improved offer hoping that Flamengo pull out of negotiations with Fulham!

Fulham offering player around 25-30k a week where ours is believed to be just under 20k.

Bloody hell they really want this lad. Can't recall us trying this hard to sign someone in awhile.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I feel that some of the people who fall out of love with Boro, do so because they don't manage their own expectations. 

Whilst some people are happy with literally anything Boro do or at least act like they are.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

Yeah that's annoying, but it's still my club. 

Its like my kids, they're annoying and make poor decisions, but I'm never going to fall out of love with them.

The only time I ever felt truly apathetic was under Pulis, even when we were a play off side

Most of the time it's like a kid with a lot of potential who keeps getting steaming instead of doing schoolwork so its more frustration that anything else 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Looks like Marvin Johnson is off to Sheffield Wednesday for anybody worrying

I thought he'd already signed for someone over in the USA for some reason.  Good luck to him.

18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

So our wage structure isn't set in stone then it seems?  Or have they increased it do you happen to know?

Just now, Changing Times said:

I thought he'd already signed for someone over in the USA for some reason.  Good luck to him.

You've been reading newsnow. That's a different Marvin Johnson, a basketball player, I think. His stories get linked to Boro

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""