• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I really hope we don't get dragged into something with Fulham over Muniz, it sounds like a lot of money already for a gamble, getting Jese vibes from it all too. 

Payero confirmed and some new names to be linked with up front and out wide would be a great Friday.

• Like 2

Disappointing about Muniz, sounds like we went for it though. Recruitment team need to dust themselves off and get onto the next one.

Really hope Payero is announced today, will bring a nice positivity boost and shows our intent to any other potential signings. 

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That must be some sort of record……

Banned after 2-3 posts 😂😂😂

I wonder what comments there will be on his "only" forum a lot of mickey taking I would imagine

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I really hope we don't get dragged into something with Fulham over Muniz, it sounds like a lot of money already for a gamble, getting Jese vibes from it all too. 

Payero confirmed and some new names to be linked with up front and out wide would be a great Friday.

Agreed we need to get at least one of them and will probably accept that Fulham had more to offer.

London for example!

I’m not sure we can criticise the club too much on recruitment this time. After getting some stubborn but expensive dead wood off the books they have shown ambition we haven’t seen for a couple of seasons. Chasing South American ‘rising stars’ is exciting to read and if we can pick up some good young premier league loanees and two or three of the known targets I would feel as positive as I have for some time for the season ahead. 

• Like 3

We're still in desperate need of strikers, so I hope we have another target transfer underway.

Plenty of time before the window shuts but there are 6 games before the 31st, though 1 is a cup match.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're still in desperate need of strikers, so I hope we have another target transfer underway.

For me I'd be going for Josh Maja as the first choice back up target if the Muniz deal has failed

1 minute ago, mj south said:

I just don't get the London pull, no offence to anyone living in the City but I was glad to leave

To be fair to him he is Brazilian. In London he’ll probably be able to get Brazilian food and meet other Portuguese speakers. He’d probably have a very difficult time finding that around here

• Like 7

I just don't get the London pull, no offence to anyone living in the City but I was glad to leave

From your point of view as somebody from Teesside?  It would depend who you are. Are you in your 20s, have a model gf who likes shopping, do you have family an hour or so from Heathrow by plane?  I can totally understand the “London pull”. If I suggested moving to the North East my gf would say “off you pop then”. (She is not a model by the way or from the North). 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

To be fair to him he is Brazilian. In London he’ll probably be able to get Brazilian food and meet other Portuguese speakers. He’d probably have a very difficult time finding that around here

tbf I think his Fiance would also prefer London

The manager is Portuguese, they're yoyoing between promotion and relegation, we currently are mid table mediocrity with a manager who is seen as part of a bygone age. I can understand Muniz's choice, don't like it but I understand it.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Kiwi in London said:

From your point of view as somebody from Teesside?  It would depend who you are. Are you in your 20s, have a model gf who likes shopping, do you have family an hour or so from Heathrow by plane?  I can totally understand the “London pull”. If I suggested moving to the North East my gf would say “off you pop then”. (She is not a model by the way or from the North). 

I was in London for a while but have moved into Shropshire now, also I suggested it and my gf gladly came too.

There's a hell of a lot more to the UK than London and as someone who has done a bit if moving around it irks me abit when I hear people going on and on about London.

I was in London for a while but have moved into Shropshire now, also I suggested it and my gf gladly came too.

There's a hell of a lot more to the UK than London and as someone who has done a bit if moving around it irks me abit when I hear people going on and on about London.

You have to think about the context though mate. For a 20 year old Brazilian footballer London is quite likely the biggest draw in terms of being able to have some sort of Brazilian culture around.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""