• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Talks with Paterson to go on next week according to the Gazette.

I am surprised we're going in for Paterson after his pre-season performances, but it's an extra number and one fewer spot to fill.

Which is pretty much what Warnock said, that we're so short on bodies that we might have to sign him.

Plus he was clearly good on his day at Bristol City.

As said the other day payero deal is sorted.  The issues has been the releasing of papers from banfield.  This now coincides with the banfield fan talking about a delay tactic until tomorrow.   Still plenty going on 2 NEW players ( don’t know names) due to rockcliffe Monday for talks with warnock and look around

• Like 12
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

I WANT WINGERS

Well if you'd accept whingers instead, feel free to read through the past 611 pages my dude

• Like 4
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Delia Smith is a far better owner than Gibson simply because she understands that she isn't anywhere near as good at running a football club compared to a professional Sporting Director, so she delegated this to them - and to huge success. Gibson's heart is is the right place - nobody doubts that - but he just isn't any good at running a modern-day football club. Him caring so much is the biggest issue as he just can't hand over control to someone else. The past 15 years of decline while many smaller clubs have overtaken us makes this painfully clear.

Our definitions of huge success must be wildly different. Haven't we spent the majority of the last 15 years in the same league as Norwich?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I am surprised we're going in for Paterson after his pre-season performances, but it's an extra number and one fewer spot to fill.

From Warnock's quotes on Paterson I think we're signing him purely because we're short on numbers. He said he'll speak with him on Monday but then veered straight into saying our squad is so thin, reading between the lines I think he's getting an offer on Monday.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a negative fan but I’m really concerned by our squad I’m not convinced what we have now would finish top half. The lack of pace, depth and creativity is astonishing. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

From Warnock's quotes on Paterson I think we're signing him purely because we're short on numbers. He said he'll speak with him on Monday but then veered straight into saying our squad is so thin, reading between the lines I think he's getting an offer on Monday.

He's had a knock to be fair

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

Our definitions of huge success must be wildly different. Haven't we spent the majority of the last 15 years in the same league as Norwich?

Exactly. Norwich have a stated ambition of dotting about between the premiership and championship. Gibson wants glory. And he will try different things to get it. More downs and frustrations but more chance of real excitement.

Plus Gibson doesn't come on the pitch half cut and ramble incoherent nonsense. For which I am grateful.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Anything on a striker mate? What is going on with this whole South  American mission, is it the club thinking long term and with Warnocks approval? 

What about wingers we need wingers! 

It's the long term plan mate. There is a lot going on behind the scenes and planning for the future which is refreshing to see especially introducing a new role to the club.

I know we are going to make a move for a certain striker if we manage to move on Akpom for the fee we want. Unfortunately I am unable to release the name yet.

Other than that particular player, I literally have no news on any incomings or targets but I have heard the deal for Hoillet is back on. He was due to sign for a MLS club but they can't register him until the end of their season so he could be joining on a year's contract.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Which is pretty much what Warnock said, that we're so short on bodies that we might have to sign him.

Might be worth a deal till Jan and see if he can earn a longer term deal, like what we did with Watmore last season

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""