• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If we sign Bamba, Payero and left sided defender before Fulham game in a weeks time I will refrain from having a meltdown.

And also making up a baseless theory that the club is a total shambles, there is absolute carnage within the hierarchy and that Gibson is going to cut back on funding the club in order to achieve his ultimate aim of getting us relegated to league 1 before selling us to some dodgy consortium fronted by Fabrizio Ravenelli who will ultimately make himself our new manager.

*If the club does sign some players before Fulham game then Gibson is still a chunt, Bausor is thick as pig sh*t, Gill has only got a job because he has nudes of Gibson on his phone, Warnock is still clueless and unbelievably we are still paying Britt 40k a week until he stops smiling as per his contract.

Not sure what to make of this post @TLF10 Genuinely can’t work out what you are trying to say 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Blanco said:

Not sure what to make of this post @TLF10 Genuinely can’t work out what you are trying to say 🤷‍♂️

In short. That we are going up as champions my friend. 

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

In short. That we are going up as champions my friend. 

Love it 😍. Welcome to the real world 💪

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's literally been the Gazettes top story that he's been in Boro since last night.

Unless he means IN Boro. 

Just sitting in the Dickens with a pint of Fosters, and a bag of crisps opened out on the table.

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

I've looked at Payero on Instat and I'm really impressed by him. He looks ideal for the right-sided CM (#8) role of a 4-3-3. I've got absolutely no doubt about him adjusting to the Championship as he's physical, strong, aggressive, energetic, brave and comfortable in tough tackles, which will add a good amount of bite to us in midfield. On everything you could highlight as a potential concern, he's excellent. In terms of on-the-ball ability, he's got great close control, solid technique passing the ball, composed in possession and is excellent at bursting forward with the ball, even when surrounded by players, so he'll surely add an extra edge and style to us in midfield too. Even his crossing looks promising. However, he doesn't appear to be best at shooting from outside the box. He takes far too many shots from very low quality areas (38 shots this season yet only has 1.31 xG and one goal), so I hope nobody is expecting him to regularly score Wing-like screamers. He's good at corners and set pieces so could provide competition to McNair. Though, the advantage of Payero taking them is that it will allow McNair to be in the box to try to score.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Id be all over the Maja signing personally and that would excite me a little more than the player we have been scouting but that's just my personal preference.

The striker has potential and his value could increase significantly with a good season under his belt, but bit too much of a risk for me.

Hoillet had agreed to come on pittance and as much as it annoys me signing a 31year old Cardiff reunion - for the amount he's signing for then it's a no brainer I suppose.

Adolfo Gaich then?

• Like 1

I don’t know, thinking about it, “Has been playing in Europe and would be shocking to Boro fans if it happens. The club have gone all-in! All fans are wondering what will the club manage next!” could just as easily be a badly punctuated version of,

”Has-been, palying in Europe. Would be shocking. To Boro fans, if it happens, the club have gone! All in all, fans are wondering. What will the club manage next??”

Which does seem more likely. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Does anyone actually know the name of this guy? Or is it just people waiting to hear about a name then claim to be in the know and going off what’s been reported?

Tin foil hat time, there is NO new player we’re after. But it’s a masterclass of distraction about why yet another player has slipped through our net. 

Why would anyone know anything on here?...When we get close to a signing the last people to get to know should be the lads/lasses on here...its full of blabbermouths...loose lips sink ships, and all that 

• Haha 1

According to the gazette

Warnock referencing players on a list circulated by Watford.

He mentions one that has a lot of championship interest and maybe 5 or 6 clubs ahead of us for him.

He must mean Andre Grey unless they have made Fletcher available already.

So if I am summarizing correctly we have a possible DoF without a name , a new manager coming in by the end of the season in preparation for next season, again without a name and a pricey striker without a name. Very frustrating if you ask me, but nice to know we're planning and not reacting to whatever happens.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boroat said:

According to the gazette

Warnock referencing players on a list circulated by Watford.

He mentions one that has a lot of championship interest and maybe 5 or 6 clubs ahead of us for him.

He must mean Andre Grey unless they have made Fletcher available already.

Thought that was about delap. The watford thing came after

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""