oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 hours ago, newyddion said:

One is at the club, has been brought into some sort of coaching position and was being lined up as our current managers successor at a point in time. The other is a fairly well established manager.. something that we don’t normally go for tbh.

Well, we do go for them, unless you ignore Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis and Warnock.  One is at the club because he's been training with us.  If he was being lined up as a successor, it was at a club where he was already an established player.  It had nothing to do with him being a great coach or anything else.  He doesn't have that history here, and as far as I'm aware he has no relationship with Gibson, who is the only person that matters at this football club.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

How many times have we followed having an experienced manager.. with another one?

How many times have we had any realm of success with experienced managers?

Robson, McClaren, Karanka. In recent times, these have bene the ones we have at least had a bit of excitement with.

In fact, Woodgate was the anomaly.  

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I could, but then I might get my brother into trouble if I'm right.

Robbo era.

Marco Branca has actually spent time doing the job with Inter Milan, or at least something similar, if I'm not mistaken?  Fjortoft is intelligent/articulate, and I would guess has made lots of contacts throughout European football.  Festa has been a manager but not a particularly good one.  Mikkel Beck is/was a player agent, which would certainly give him the contacts you might want for a DoF.  Ziege has done some managing but it's lower level stuff, nothing that would suggest he could be a Director of Football.  Juninho is an obvious choice I suppose, especially if the idea is to tap into the South American market, and we've clearly been talking to him already anyway.  Brian Deane has done some coaching and owns a club somewhere I think, but I can't see it being him.  Karembeu has done something like a DoF I think but it might be wrong.  Can't think of many others who would be worthwhile, except maybe Phil Stamp.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Marco Branca has actually spent time doing the job with Inter Milan, or at least something similar, if I'm not mistaken?  Fjortoft is intelligent/articulate, and I would guess has made lots of contacts throughout European football.  Festa has been a manager but not a particularly good one.  Mikkel Beck is/was a player agent, which would certainly give him the contacts you might want for a DoF.  Ziege has done some managing but it's lower level stuff, nothing that would suggest he could be a Director of Football.  Juninho is an obvious choice I suppose, especially if the idea is to tap into the South American market, and we've clearly been talking to him already anyway.  Brian Deane has done some coaching and owns a club somewhere I think, but I can't see it being him.  Karembeu has done something like a DoF I think but it might be wrong.  Can't think of many others who would be worthwhile, except maybe Phil Stamp.

Deane and Stamp dream duo. This is the future.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

How many times have we followed having an experienced manager.. with another one?

You didn't say that.  You said that we don't normally go for them and we do, quite often.  Bamba is here because Warnock is here, he isn't being lined up for the Boro job.

10 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

The thing with Paterson is you really can't expect a player to come in to an entirely new team, whilst injured, and play his best with an unsettled system that clearly hasn't been worked on properly, in friendlies against non-league teams.

How is he meant to play his best football when he's played just sort of "anywhere in the middle" with no natural width outside him?

People expect Spence and Coulson to play their best football when neither are played in there best positions.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, CWC said:

If all goes as planned we could theoretically announce four signings this week. 

- Bamba

- Paterson

- Payero

- Mystery Winger

If Bamba and Paterson both got deals, you could get 5 signings because you've forgotten the "shocking" striker.

6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

In recent years we have favoured ex assistants & newbies. 

Bamba is here doing his badges and working in a player/coach capacity.

Again, that's only correct if you ignore Monk, Pulis and Warnock.  I know why Bamba is here, he's here because Warnock is here.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If Bamba and Paterson both got deals, you could get 5 signings because you've forgotten the "shocking" striker.

I have wondered if the striker classed as "shocking" is literally shocking. Like shockingly bad. Like Akpom for example.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""