oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

Karanka was an assistant, Agnew was an assistant, Woodgate was an assistant, a player, a coach..

I know they were.  Not sure what that has to do with anything though?  You said that in recent years we've favoured ex assistants and newbies.  Monk, Pulis and Warnock demonstrate that isn't correct.  But to turn to the people you mention,  Woodgate had a history here, which is why he got the job.  Agnew had a history here, and an existing relationship with Gibson, who rated him very highly.  Karanka came in I assume because of Kenyon and his links to Mendes.  Bamba has none of that going for him.  Gibson makes the decisions here, not Warnock.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

What’s to say that Sol Bamba won’t have a history here? More likely than Chris Wilder!

He's more likely to have a history here than Wilder definitely but not the same as Woodgate and Agnew.  They'd been around the club for a long time, one way and another.  It's a different thing entirely.  We'll see though I guess 🙂

Southampton are demanding a fee of £6m for Ireland striker Michael Obafemi, 21, who is attracting interest from Blackburn

Id take him for that price , id imagine it'l be in instalments rather than 6 mill upfront . Same kinda money as muniz but less of a gamble in my opinion , personally i think he would do really well in the championship .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Yeah wasn’t that like 20 years ago? Anyway I always got the impression since that he felt pretty guilty about making that move.

Since then I've always referred to Liverpool as Bin dippers,...Most folk they want to buy something they pay for it...Not Bin dippers they nick it...I think Deitmar Hamann had his fingers in that pie...Never trusted Germans since they Bombed our chippy

• Confused 1

Just waiting for the mystery man to come in. Let's just call him Diego C.

Or is that too obvious? Let's say D. Costa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder what the future holds for Darren Randolph, would anyone have him back? Fabianski and now Areola ahead of him. The only thing is I can’t see him leaving London. He’s currently in a relationship with former X Factor winner Alexander Burke who’s starring in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Can’t believe they’ve axed X Factor btw. Devastated. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, "KM" said:

Wonder what the future holds for Darren Randolph, would anyone have him back? Fabianski and now Areola ahead of him. The only thing is I can’t see him leaving London. He’s currently in a relationship with former X Factor winner Alexander Burke who’s starring in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Can’t believe they’ve axed X Factor btw. Devastated. 

Lmao KM, never change

• Haha 4

Article translation:

There was a surprise development in Beşiktaş, which now wants to solve the transfer of the forward and is in talks with many names. It was noted that an agreement was reached with the British Championship team Middlesbrough regarding the striker Chuba Akpom, who came to the agenda of the black and white team at the beginning of the transfer season. It was alleged that the two clubs shook hands for 2.5 million euros for the 25-year-old striker. And now it is among the news that negotiations are started on the payment plan. 'IN THE UNIQUE VIEW OF THE BOSPHORUS...' According to the information received, it was emphasized that the Middlesbrough front wanted the money in one go, and the Beşiktaş administration offered to pay in two installments. While the parties are expected to agree on this issue in the near future, no details were given about the contract period and payment to be made with the player. On the other hand, the transfer of Akpom began to be voiced in the British press. The island media commented that "Akpom will now play in the unique view of the Bosphorus" for the 1.86-meter football player. The Nigerian national player has a market value of around 3.5 million euros. Akpom, who previously played for teams such as Arsenal, PAOK, Hull City, Brentford, produced 74 goals and 25 assists in 272 official matches in his career. He played 5 matches for England U21 national team and scored 3 goals.

1 minute ago, Payero said:

Hi guys first poster here and no my first name isn't Martin! For the ITK on here I have a rangers supporting pal and he told me that we have enquired about Alfredo morelos ...... surely not?

Imagine that was my pick a few year back, absolute hot head but would be immense.  Too much surely though

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""