• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

We'll definitely see Payero announced before the weekend, as well as I think Bamba and Paterson on short term deals.

I wonder if Payero will travel to Fulham for the experience. Would be great to give him a cheer.

Bamba a no brainer. Patterson has to do much more - was anonymous at York.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

We'll definitely see Payero announced before the weekend, as well as I think Bamba and Paterson on short term deals.

Thoughts on Patterson, not seen anything of him, who would he be challenging in the 1st team, where would he play, what will he bring to the team? 

1 minute ago, Erimus74 said:

Thoughts on Patterson, not seen anything of him, who would he be challenging in the 1st team, where would he play, what will he bring to the team? 

He plays across the front 3, he can bring creativity and goals to the team but he didn't show any of that during his preseason to be honest. I wouldn't be signing him up, personally, although I expect NW will.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

He’s better than what we have though and another body to bulk up an average squad

Agree he’s another body but he’s not better than we have. I would rather see what else is out there personally. If we sign him I will wish him well.

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

He’s better than what we have though and another body to bulk up an average squad

I wouldn't say he's better than what we have. I'd say when he plays well he's probably around the same level as a lot of what we have. If he was fit and playing regularly I would expect him to look better than he did in preseason, but I just feel we can likely do better.

• Like 2
Just now, Brunners said:

I wouldn't say he's better than what we have. I'd say when he plays well he's probably around the same level as a lot of what we have. If he was fit and playing regularly I would expect him to look better than he did in preseason, but I just feel we can likely do better.

Pretty much how I feel. It would almost feel like a lazy signing to me.

• Like 1

I'd offer him a year.

He'll want more, which is fair enough, and if he can find that elsewhere, best of luck to him.

But the fact that he's been here on trial for so long suggests that there aren't clubs lining up to sign him, so offer him a year and he could be a decent backup option

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yeah I’d probably agree with you that he’s maybe on our level of players when fully fit. I’d say Tav is probably more direct and exciting, but after that there’s not a lot between JP and the rest of our team in those areas. Watmore probably ahead of JP and I do think Watmore is a very canny player to have. 

it’s seems so bizarre that the link between midfield and attack has been a problem area for us for so long that we never seem to address it. We either buy a midfielder who is more defensive or than a striker. That link player is crucial and I don’t think that Patterson is the answer, but he could ‘do a job’

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""