oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

sounds like Fulham haven't been able to finalise the payment details (unlike Boro) and Flamengo are gettng annoyed

I don't pretend to be anywhere near the details of this situation  -  but one gets the feeling that here is a possibility of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.  I hope that's how the Bausors and Gibsons of this world see it too.  Dear Flamengo, you would prefer to deal with an honourable football club, wouldn't you??

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, macapes said:

I'm judging him against a player that most deemed solidly average last year.  He's had one year in the past 5 that good.  That's hardly a "league above".

A league above is your description.  Nothing in the past 5 years suggests that. Most people thought Marv was solidly average last year - and Ameobi is rarely that good.

Ameobi is a nothing player really.  Doesn't get assists, doesn't get goals, for an attacking player is record is poor.  Probably gets by on being a bit of a name and a bit of a unit.  Nowhere near consistent enough throughout his career to be considered a good player at this level.  You're basically hoping that everything clicks and he has a season like a couple of years ago, otherwise he really isn't offering a great deal.  Would much rather go with a youngster and give them a season of experience rather than being sat behind someone who clearly isn't the future of this football club.

2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Great find.

In my opinion its most likely to be one of three things:

1.  True and we haven't given up

2.  Flamengo trying to get Fulham to commit/up their offer

3. Nonsense

didnt fulham go back on their offer anyway. so could be flamengo have actually been back in contact with us because fulham are ***.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Fulham have been trying to change to our offer anyway, so us going up to theirs would seem odd.

Unless they mean we upped our financial package to the player himself, which I suppose is possible, if unlikely.

The offer to the player perhaps yeah.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

I’d press Boupendza at this point to be honest. The Muniz talk is very old now 

eye this lad strikes a ball sooooo sweetly with that left foot. why is it lefties are more likely to have that x factor. are we(i'm a lefty) just better haha

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

The offer to the player perhaps yeah.

ah yes, so he wanted fulham over us because similar money but london won the day. now we have upped his goal bonus footy manager style.

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

ah yes, so he wanted fulham over us because similar money but london won the day. now we have upped his goal bonus footy manager style.

Yeah but it still doesn't make any sense if Fulham can't get the deal done.  I don't know if that is the case or what but if they can't make the transfer happen then they are out of the running so we don't need to increase anything.  Sign for us, stay at Flamengo, or hope someone else comes in and offers more than you would get here.  Either way we aren't hanging around waiting for you so make your decision or we will make it for you.

• Like 1
Just now, Payero said:

I'd love to pip fulham here, take their new Brazilian  centre forward and then win 1-0 on Sunday 

muniz would surely be on social media rubbing that in to lol. all pip dreams though haha

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Exactly this.  If Fulham can't get the deal done then it would make absolutely no sense for us to increase our offer.  Although having said that, if Fulham can't get the deal done then it doesn't make much sense for us to increase the offer to the player either.  Fulham either can or can't get it over the line, if they can't then that presumably leaves us as the only show in town.

Only way it makes sense is if maybe we have changed our offer from 6 million for 50% to 8 million for 80% like fulham. 

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I guess the ‘mystery striker’ is off the table then

Might just be flamengo using us to get fulham to accept the deal. Might have nothing to do with us and our mystery striker

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""