• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

It was tongue in cheek - more about how I find it a little cringey.  I can understand the players doing it but less so a manager.

I think it’s because of covid normally he would just sign something the fans have but now doesn’t want to pass pens and paper back and forth

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Just wasting our time. We've got four weeks left and we need about eight players.

The guy chose Fulham so clearly we ain't his first option so *** him off.

I doubt we're many players first choice, we'd be cutting off our nose to spite our face if we avoided players who weren't desperate to come to Teesside.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, macapes said:

I'm judging him against a player that most deemed solidly average last year.  He's had one year in the past 5 that good.  That's hardly a "league above".

A league above is your description.  Nothing in the past 5 years suggests that. Most people thought Marv was solidly average last year - and Ameobi is rarely that good.

I didn't say he was a league above to be fair, I just question picking out individual seasons to make comparisons when they have both played over 100 championship games.

He has literally played in the league above mind, if that's anything to go by

8 minutes ago, Payero said:

The only ITK are bausor and Gibson, it's a waiting game 

Yep, they're the only ones close to the situation.  It's not necessarily a waiting game though.  Their positioning has to be:  we stand by our bid;  we aren't backsliders, we are honourable people and you can trust us to keep our promises.  The deal ain't dead until contracts get signed, with whoever

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I didn't say he was a league above to be fair, I just question picking out individual seasons to make comparisons when they have both played over 100 championship games.

He has literally played in the league above mind, if that's anything to go by

No but the person I was actually responding to did. I then merely compared their last season, suggesting this was not the case.  Then they said look at other seasons.  Which I did, with Ameobi's last 5 years all being rubbish, bar one.

And then you popped up, though apparently you agree that Ameobi is not "a league above" Johnson, so it's unclear why you are worried about which year of his career I'm cherry picking.

1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Didn’t flamengo prefer our offer anyway? Why would we equal Fulham’s if they preferred ours anyway? Makes me think it probably isn’t true

I think it's just a poor translation. I think Fulham actually equalled our offer, then because we dropped out of the running, we are now (apparently) technically equalling their offer.

I just cannot see Ameobi scoring half a dozen goal or playing more than a dozen full games. Shows the level we have fallen to. I would rather push one of our young ones rather than rely on the likes of Ameobi. 

33 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Just wasting our time. We've got four weeks left and we need about eight players.

The guy chose Fulham so clearly we ain't his first option so *** him off.

Fulham weren't his first option either. He probably would have preferred to sign for Barcelona, or Man City.

Very few of our current (or indeed former) players would have chosen Middlesbrough of all the clubs in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

I just cannot see Ameobi scoring half a dozen goal or playing more than a dozen full games. Shows the level we have fallen to. I would rather push one of our young ones rather than rely on the likes of Ameobi. 

Yeah it seems a lot of people don't actually know that Ameobi ain't great. He's mid-table to bottom-half Championship player. FIne as a backup option or on a bench. But not as a starter. His contribution isn't there.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""