• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Fulham weren't his first option either. He probably would have preferred to sign for Barcelona, or Man City.

Very few of our current (or indeed former) players would have chosen Middlesbrough of all the clubs in the world.

Exactly. Wonder how many players we have signed (except for those who grew up in the area, or who had dads as Boro fans) dreamed of playing for Boro when they were a kid? 😁 Juninho? Ravanelli? Viduka? Hasselbaink? Southgate?  Who among us had their dream job with their dream company, that they always dreamed of? Does that stop us doing the job we have and doing the best we can, for who we work for? This whole, if we weren’t their first pick we don’t want them, is a complete crock. If we only sign tub thumping Boro fans, then I’m afraid our players pool will be very very very limited. On the up side, one of two on here might get a game. But, think of this. We have people from all over world wanting to come to this country to live, no matter where they live in the country, so why wouldn’t footballers from less well off countries not want to come here to ply their trade? It’s a great place to live. Yes, it might not be London, but it’s still England and we might not be a players ultimate destination, but that surely means they will try even harder, to get where they want to be. Which can only be good for us. We have a great player for a couple of years and sell him on at a good price. Win-win. Brexit has meant that EU players have no advantage over non EU players, when it comes to work permits etc, so it makes sense to explore the South American market. In fact, it will probs be easier signing lesser known non EU players, than it will EU players soon. In work permit and monetary terms. The idea is a bit like Newcastle splashing out on french players. They saw it made them a good profit on some players and used it almost as a work model. I think exploring these markets is good business sense. Who cares if Boro wasn’t their first pick, so long as they do the job when they get here 😁

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hasn’t he completely lost his way? I’d want it to be a cheap permanent move. 

He's only 20, so harsh to say completely lost his way. I think he was doing okay for Stoke last season before his injury. Definitely needs a full season somewhere though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PayeroAndParty said:

Payero announced, think he's out of isolation today isn't he? 

4 minutes ago, PayeroAndParty said:

Payero announced, think he's out of isolation today isn't he? 

Welcome to the forum, I have a tendancy to shorten user names and it seems we could have fun with yours PAP!😄

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""