oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

9 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

The African contingent at the club could sway it

I get what you mean in an international football sense, so I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but none of the players in our squad who play for African nations are actually from Africa, they're all English.

Boupendza was born and raised in Gabon

Even if Morsy was born and raised in Cairo, Egyptians and Gabonese have about as much in common as an Englishman and a Ukrainian.

Same continent, entirely different cultures and languages.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

No no no I’ve had enough of this now, the word Muniz is now banned from this forum 

Nah.  This is business.  This is how things work.  We need to hold our honourable position until a contract gets signed.  Courage, mes braves!!

🙂🙂

12 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

If only Boro_Legend hadn’t have been banned, we would know what wasn’t happening at least 😉

Given it half an hour and he'll be back with yet another account.

• Like 1

GK - Free Transfer

LB - Free Transfer

Bamba - Free

Winger - Bolasie on a free or a PL loan.

ST - Maja or Mystery Striker

Versatile Attacker (Winger/Striker) - Boupendza

and I'd fancy us to compete and finish 4th or 5th.

• Like 1

Bit late, but pleased to see Payero finally revealed. I imagine he will be taking most of our set pieces this season. Will be nice to be a threat from those again! We haven't taken a decent corner since Traore left...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Bit late, but pleased to see Payero finally revealed. I imagine he will be taking most of our set pieces this season. Will be nice to be a threat from those again! We haven't taken a decent corner since Traore left...

McNair put a fair few decent ones in last season, although maybe not consistently 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I don't remember Traore taking decent corners.

McNair's been fine with them, we just haven't had people putting them away.

• Like 2
Just now, Payero said:

I don't doubt you mate, my memory isn't what it was. I thought Clayton took most of them after leadbittwr went 

Yeah, traore definitely didn’t take them exclusively. Speaking of Clayton, he’s been outcast at Birmingham. Sad to see, was great those two Karanka seasons for us 

5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Traore was a surprisingly good corner taker. He definitely took quite a few for us

I remember the time he took a great corner to the back post… and then he managed to get on the end of it #truestory  

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Payero said:

I don't doubt you mate, my memory isn't what it was. I thought Clayton took most of them after leadbittwr went 

Don't worry, I've also done everything possible to erase the Pulis era from my memory.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""