oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Morelos would become instantly become one the best strikers in the league if he signed. In all honesty there’s not a chance he’d even go to a Championship club. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CWC said:

Morelos would become instantly become one the best strikers in the league if he signed. In all honesty there’s not a chance he’d even go to a Championship club. 

How many goals has he scored in the Old Firm games against the only half decent and measurable opposition up there?

One, Two, Three in the total of all the games he has played against them. Mind you he didn't tend to stay on the pitch for very long 🤣

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

How many goals has he scored in the Old Firm games against the only half decent and measurable opposition up there?

One, Two, Three in the total of all the games he has played against them. Mind you he didn't tend to stay on the pitch for very long 🤣

Just the 21 goals in Europe for him though. 

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I've just checked and out of 55 goals scored for Rangers up in Scotland he managed his first one against Celtic after 15 Old Firm games in March. Wow, hope SG gets his cheque book out 🤣🤣🤣

Hello everyone, I have been lurking on this board (mainly the transfer and matchday threads) for a couple of years or more. I have been impressed with the general level of conversation and respect accorded to other posters, but have never cared to join simply for the fact that I try to limit the number of social media I interact with (I waste enough time already).

However, unfortunately I shave signed up today for a negative reason. I really think you need to take down that title about an 'Argie'. I have been guilty in the past of lazy pejoratives about nationalities - Frogs, Krauts etc - but I just don't think it's on to talk like that any more and I hope the board admin will reflect and take it down.

Apart from that, keep up the good work on this excellent site/forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
19 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Please don't bring these names up i'm having flashbacks 

To be fair, the only flashback I have of either of those players playing for us was the absolute screamer of a cross-cum-shot Willo Flood scored against... Swansea?

Yeah Swansea:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Equaliser said:

Hello everyone, I have been lurking on this board (mainly the transfer and matchday threads) for a couple of years or more. I have been impressed with the general level of conversation and respect accorded to other posters, but have never cared to join simply for the fact that I try to limit the number of social media I interact with (I waste enough time already).

However, unfortunately I shave signed up today for a negative reason. I really think you need to take down that title about an 'Argie'. I have been guilty in the past of lazy pejoratives about nationalities - Frogs, Krauts etc - but I just don't think it's on to talk like that any more and I hope the board admin will reflect and take it down.

You'd go down a storm on FMTTM with the comment about the word 'Argie' 😀

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Equaliser said:

Excuse Me What GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Yeah, St. Mirren, Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, St. Johnstone would all hold their own in the Championship. Against that opposition I would look like a £20m Striker.

I admire your love of the Scottish game but there is a reason why Rangers and Celtic don't do anything in Europe any more. Times have moved on and the pair of them are simply big fish in a very small pool that would struggle in the Championship. Take away their 60,000 gates and they would struggle to give Pools a game and I don't mean the Scouse lot.

I mean I did say most of the league is League 1 quality, you've gotta remember that there is a huge financial gap. My original point was about Morelos not being good enough, when he quite obviously is cause he's also proved himself in Europe.

The point I'm trying to get at is that people view a player coming from the Scottish leagues with disdain because they assume the league is gash. But if we signed a player from a mid table club from the Danish, Croatian, Norweigan, Swedish league etc we'd all be hyped and they wouldn't get the same scrutiny.

Your point about not doing anything in Europe doesn't really make sense considering the Scottish league is 11th on the league coefficient's which is determined by success in Europe. Rangers have made the R16 in the Europa league two years running now (further than Arsenal then Leicester). St Mirren managed a draw away from home against Galatasaray the other day (and yet we're all happy to assume the Turkish league is quality when Boupendza is linked).

Understand why people are always sceptical after the Strachan era, but the league has changed a lot since then.

There's no doubt the Championships a much better overall league than the Spl but the top end clubs up there would definitely cut it in our league, as would Morelos

Roofe, Waghorn and Dykes to name just a few current strikers that have been decent in both leagues 

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""