• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, notjade said:

Warnock's had more than a whole season to see what he's made of and he's done nothing of note. One more cup game isn't going to change anyone's mind

Let's see who he brings in and then compare. I may be wrong but for someone as cheap as Coulson what do we get?

Just now, edinboro said:

Let's see who he brings in and then compare. I may be wrong but for someone as cheap as Coulson what do we get?

Doubt it’s about money. Coulson is still young and needs game time. But if we didn’t get anyone in then we wouldn’t be able to let him leave

11 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Hopefully we get a player back next season with a full season of experience under his belt, which he's not going to get here whether Bola is fit or not

• Like 1

Problem with Coulson is he doesn't really have a position. He is left footed so got shoe horned into being a left back, but he isn't too good defensively. Bola is a better defender and in many respects a better wing back.

Running with the ball and using his pace and skill is where he is best, so you'd think he would be a left winger. But he hasn't ever had a decent run there. Hopefully this is where Ipswich play him.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Payero said:

I think hayden was overhyped massively and still is. He isn't good enough for us and its hard to take because he's an academy product. I wish it was different but I don't think we will see him again. Bola is miles ahead of him.

hes to weak to play this high a level as a defender. and as a winger jones just made a better cameo the hayden ever did. its best he goes on loan tough for him to get games here now

• Like 1

Hayden going on loan is exactly what he needs playing every week in a Ipswich side that demands promotion for their investment. Then he can come back next year either get bought by Ipswich if they do what they want to do and get promoted for a few million or even stay with us if he comes on. At this moment in time Coulson value is low and he isn't going to get the game time he requires with bola 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

hes to weak to play this high a level as a defender. and as a winger jones just made a better cameo the hayden ever did. its best he goes on loan tough for him to get games here now

Hopefully he’ll make a position he’s own at Ipswich and we can see what he can do

@edinboro couple of things regarding points you raised about Coulson.

1. When you are saying NW has decided from day one Coulson not for him you are making it sound like he stubborn and wont change his mind. This is clearly not true as he said when he first saw Bola he thought bola was garbage but now he our first choice left back. Therefore NW is open to having his mind changed.

2. You talk about we should maybe not send Coulson out on loan as we might not get anyone better in to cover? Maybe Coulson does not want to be understudy and wants games. Credit to him if he does. And the bloke who replaces Coulson is likely to be someone who equally comfortable at CB.

3 No one has failed Coulson. Especially not NW. if you want to be harsh you could say Coulson failed himself as he not adequately stepped up to challenge. But sometimes you just got to accept someone has been better and more consistent than you. In this case Bola.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, notjade said:

Because Bola has been much much better than him since Warnock arrived?

Bola has been amazing, Bola was my player of the year last season, dropping him would have been nonsensical at pretty much any stage.

But it is very difficult to compare the two when it comes to left-back under Warnock. Last season, Coulson played less than 7 games worth of minutes across 17 league appearances. Transfermarkt reckons he played 31 minutes at left-back in the league, I dispute that too as the one game he played there for 27 minutes was QPR at home and a quick check on the highlights from that game as well as his heatmap show him playing in and around the forward line with Bola still on the pitch. That might have even been the game where Warnock threw him on to try him in a #10 position.

Coulson's entire full season at left-back under Warnock comes down to 90 minutes at Brentford in a game where even Patrick Roberts managed 90 minutes. I wouldn't mind people saying he's been 'much, much better than him' if we'd actually had anything to compare it to but we don't. He's barely played at all and when he has played in games that matter, he's been out of position. Warnock preferred playing Marvin Johnson there in a crisis, which given his time at Boro in that position made no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

if you want to be harsh you could say Coulson failed himself as he not adequately stepped up to challenge.

I mean if you want to be harsh, you could say Marcus Browne has been a complete waste of time and money. Doesn't really reflect well on the chances he's actually had to show anything though, does it?

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Bola has been amazing, Bola was my player of the year last season, dropping him would have been nonsensical at pretty much any stage.

But it is very difficult to compare the two when it comes to left-back under Warnock. Last season, Coulson played less than 7 games worth of minutes across 17 league appearances. Transfermarkt reckons he played 31 minutes at left-back in the league, I dispute that too as the one game he played there for 27 minutes was QPR at home and a quick check on the highlights from that game as well as his heatmap show him playing in and around the forward line with Bola still on the pitch. That might have even been the game where Warnock threw him on to try him in a #10 position.

Coulson's entire full season at left-back under Warnock comes down to 90 minutes at Brentford in a game where even Patrick Roberts managed 90 minutes. I wouldn't mind people saying he's been 'much, much better than him' if we'd actually had anything to compare it to but we don't. He's barely played at all and when he has played in games that matter, he's been out of position. Warnock preferred playing Marvin Johnson there in a crisis, which given his time at Boro in that position made no sense whatsoever.

I was more referring to the fact that Warnock sees them both every day in training, and I trust his judgement. The fact that Coulson barely played, was behind the in the pecking order of a player we've released, and the fact we've let him go out on loan means that Neil cleary thinks he wasn't / isn't good enough.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""