oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, scotty189 said:

Weren't we linked with a Sunderland lb ?

Hume IIRC, don't think he's signed for anyone yet.  Think Sunderland will still be due a fee due to his age

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Not massively concerned about Coulson going out on loan, he looked like a player with a lot of potential under Woodgate but also very raw. 

I agree with the sentiment that he hasn't had a good chance under Warnock but this loan move gives him that opportunity over a full season where he can learn and make a few mistakes on someone else's watch. 

If he absolutely lights up league 1 then we are going to look like we've made a big mistake by loaning him out, I dont see that happening though really. I think he'll make steady progress there and come back here next summer a better player. 

I think in the current climate its a decent move for him and us. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

In League One. 👍

I don't really understand why you're being weirdly arsey about this, to be honest.

But Spence and Coulson seem to set you off anytime somebody questions them.

3 minutes ago, notjade said:

Coulson played half a season in League 2 the year before and did absolutely nothing

He played as a winger, to be fair, which despite playing the majority of his career there, many still don't see as his position.

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Not massively concerned about Coulson going out on loan, he looked like a player with a lot of potential under Woodgate but also very raw. 

I agree with the sentiment that he hasn't had a good chance under Warnock but this loan move gives him that opportunity over a full season where he can learn and make a few mistakes on someone else's watch. 

If he absolutely lights up league 1 then we are going to look like we've made a big mistake by loaning him out, I dont see that happening though really. I think he'll make steady progress there and come back here next summer a better player. 

I think in the current climate its a decent move for him and us. 

The best post I've seen on this, this is an opportunity for him rather than him being bombed out 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

So who's the lb we replacing coulson with, the 2 lads linked or could it be someone else ? Maybe the south American trip wasn't just for a striker poss a lb, who knows

coulson isnt good back up really. he needs games to help his progression. even then he isnt quite fancied as a back up winger or lb it seems. pointless his staying but also better for us to keep him than sell him, because he might well improve.

i like the idea of signing multi position squad players. like cbs that cover fullbacks. crooks can play multi roles to. spence is great cover at wingback and winger. as much abuse as he gets he still has an impact on the game when coming off the bench like sunday, great engine is quick and comfortable on the ball. similar to coulson but actually causes the opposition problems going forward, but lacking any real end product still.

back to the point lol. kean bryan i think it will be. the sheff utd lcb/lb

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He played as a winger, to be fair, which despite playing the majority of his career there, many still don't see as his position.

it's because he doesn't see it as his position. He was asked today by the Ipswich guy for his interview what kind of player he is and he described himself as an attacking full back that likes to get forward but also loves the gritty defensive stuff.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

it's because he doesn't see it as his position. He was asked today by the Ipswich guy for his interview what kind of player he is and he described himself as an attacking full back that likes to get forward but also loves the gritty defensive stuff.

Which is his downfall.

He's not good at either right now, hopefully it clicks at Ipswich.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, notjade said:

The massively experienced championship manager who has a record number of promotions from this league and who works with these players every day can't judge talent. Ok

Just the 40 something years as a manager, he wouldn't have lasted a quarter of that time if he couldnt judge talent to a good level. 

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Another week closer to signing Bolasie? Can’t help but think the longer it goes on the more likely and willing both parties will be to do this transfer 

It feels like that. Like both parties are each other’s fallback option. I think he’ll end up here on a two year contract. He will reduce his demands and we will increase our bid. 

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Another week closer to signing Bolasie? Can’t help but think the longer it goes on the more likely and willing both parties will be to do this transfer 

Always thought we would, hope so anyway

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""