oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Howson 100% plays as a CDM for us; Morsy for some reason plays as the 8 instead and it bothers me to no end.

Yeah, they 100% should be playing the other way. Once payero is fully ready I hope he comes in for one of them though, preferably howson imo

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Morsy had an 87% pass success rate, Morsy is a strange player for people to try to make into a boo boy

Why anyone is making anyone a boo boy after one game? Madness.

• Like 1
Just now, El Guapo said:

So is Howson officially this season’s boo-boy target? Or just an early favourite til Payero misplaces a pass? 🙄

If you were around last season you'd know he's been plenty of peoples boo boy for quite a while. 

It's difficult for him not to be when he feels invisible for the vast majority of games AND he's playing in a role that many people believe Morsy would be infinitely better in.

I’d have liked to have seen us give Coulson a go more often, but Bola hasn’t put a foot wrong and is a nailed down first choice. For Hayden’s development, it benefits all parties to play regular football which he wouldn’t get here. 
I think he would be good enough as a second choice, but long term, we want him to be challenging that spot so he needs game time to do that and get to a consistent standard (which I think he will). 

Howson ‘does a job’ but I want him to be a bit of a bit part player this season, with a reliance on McNair, Payero and Morsy as our main midfield 3. Kind of like the end of Leadbitter when he was used, that’s how I envisage Howson being deployed. It’s a midweek game and he is a good rotation option to have to help and guide a potential youngster like Malley / Hackney through a game?

Final thoughts, mystery striker was just to get people talking about something else from missing out on Muniz and there is actually no mystery striker👀🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

We now have enough central midfield players that we shouldn't need Howson in the first XI.

If they can't do enough to displace him in the side, that's on them.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

My bad. It was a wrong statement regarding Morsy and it's not his job either to create chances. I'll happily admit I was wrong regarding him.

How refreshing for a poster to admit they were wrong.. wish more would follow suit

Love It Awww GIF by Rosanna Pansino

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If you were around last season you'd know he's been plenty of peoples boo boy for quite a while. 

It's difficult for him not to be when he feels invisible for the vast majority of games AND he's playing in a role that many people believe Morsy would be infinitely better in.

I think he had a poor season last year but not really boo boy worthy, he was played in a position he shouldnt be in and by the end of the season he looked knackered. I am hoping for much better this season because before last season he was a pretty consistent source of assists

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

We now have enough central midfield players that we shouldn't need Howson in the first XI.

If they can't do enough to displace him in the side, that's on them.

I honestly don't see, based on what we've seen whilst Warnock has been in charge, how it could ever be on the other players for not displacing Howson.

Howson is pretty much first name on the team-sheet for Warnock. He was out injured for 5 games and as soon as he came back, he was in and never left the starting 11 and did 90 minutes every game barring the one he got injured and the one he came back in.

We definitely had times last season where it would have been reasonable to displace him from the team with options we had available and yet nobody ever did. Because Warnock won't do that. So I have a really difficult time believing it's on the players who aren't in the team for not displacing him.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""