oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

34 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Why make a boo boy at all?

Will remind you of that if we resign Yannick Bolasie @Robin Johnson. Haha. Only joking mate. You are right, no need to boo anyone. Even if all have players we like and those we are less fond of.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

There's a massive revisionism of Howson's performance last season.

He had a poor run of games at the end, but who didn't?

Overall he was one of our better performers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Couldnt agree more, thought he looked burnout out at the end qhich made it look poor by his standards but I thought he was pretty decent overall. I would like to see him in a different role where he can offer more going forward mind

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
Just now, Riverside94 said:

Yep I know I just mean he went to Barnsley so no reason he would turn his nose up at Boro

I think its more because of the manager and his relationship making people think West Brom are frontrunners, cant see Orlando letting him leave on loan again mind unless its with a compulsory purchase at the end

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

Yep I know I just mean he went to Barnsley so no reason he would turn his nose up at Boro

he did really well and his stock has risen. so the chances of his joining another champo club on loan is non existant i'd say. unless a "west brom" splashed a big sum to get him. which i think is the point trying to be made. 

3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Well he had a great season and they rate him at well over £10 mil so I reckon he would like

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Tom said:

What is this you're talking...? Is it... Sense!? There's no place for that here, Thomas.

Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

So is Howson officially this season’s boo-boy target? Or just an early favourite til Payero misplaces a pass? 🙄

Let's all be happy with all players and their contributions are all top notch always.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

So is Howson officially this season’s boo-boy target? Or just an early favourite til Payero misplaces a pass? 🙄

Once Payero comes in I would expect Morsy to take the deeper role and Howson to be less involved in starting matches. He will continue to be more than capable back up in our midfield. Pound for pound he has been a top signing for us and anyone thinking of booing him needs to give their head a shake IMO. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

“We have first right and we can sign him if we pay the fee that was agreed,” Murphy said. “The right to buy him is ours until we choose to use it or not.”

Murphy says missing out on promotion and the money that brings would not exclude the Reds from signing Dike permanently. He also rubbished reports that the fee was around £15million, after previously saying it was closer to fees the Reds have paid in the past”

Personally I do not rate Dike particularly at the moment and I watch him when he plays for Orlando. He runs very hot and cold and since he has been back from his loan at Barnsley he has been less than impressive, bit of a carthorse at times. Though he was a part of the Gold Cup squad for the US he really didn't play well or much.

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Once Payero comes in I would expect Morsy to take the deeper role and Howson to be less involved in starting matches. He will continue to be more than capable back up in our midfield. Pound for pound he has been a top signing for us and anyone thinking of booing him needs to give their head a shake IMO. 

I didn't know that questioning his contribution in todays team is equivalent to booing him.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, newyddion said:

“We have first right and we can sign him if we pay the fee that was agreed,” Murphy said. “The right to buy him is ours until we choose to use it or not.”

Murphy says missing out on promotion and the money that brings would not exclude the Reds from signing Dike permanently. He also rubbished reports that the fee was around £15million, after previously saying it was closer to fees the Reds have paid in the past”

I don't get why he said this, honestly, because they actively declined the option despite him being a huge success there, so either he was a total *** behind the scenes or they couldn't actually make the money work, surely?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""