oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Lots of Turkish fans on Twitter being critical of their president.. saying he’s a complete joke making out that loads of clubs are coming in with big offers for him. The general consensus is that if there is an offer he should take it, they’ll be lucky to get 2-3m as he’s in the final year of his contract and quite a few thinking he will leave for nothing!

Yeah it's come to point where he is actively talking down the price as there is obviously not as many interested teams as he tries to portray. If we are genuinely interested we should try and lowball them. I certainly don't think one good season in Turkey makes a player cost 8 million pounds considering he came from the french second tier. 5 million euros or less and I think that president will take it. Boupendza is probably desperate to go because things can easily get ugly in Turkey if the club doesn't get it their way. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah it's come to point where he is actively talking down the price as there is obviously not as many interested teams as he tries to portray. If we are genuinely interested we should try and lowball them. I certainly don't think one good season in Turkey makes a player cost 8 million pounds considering he came from the french second tier. 5 million euros or less and I think that president will take it. Boupendza is probably desperate to go because things can easily get ugly in Turkey if the club doesn't get it their way. 

The Turkish club have said if he doesn’t leave and won’t sign a new contract( which it is reported he is unwilling to) then he will sit in the reserves for the season. Saw a tweet mentioning some attitude issues and personal life issues making him a risk which is concerning

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The Turkish club have said if he doesn’t leave and won’t sign a new contract( which it is reported he is unwilling to) then he will sit in the reserves for the season. Saw a tweet mentioning some attitude issues and personal life issues making him a risk which is concerning

That's also something that actively talks the price down. At this rate they will be lucky to get any serious offers anywhere close to their high valuation. If you were an interested club and you've heard all those noises would you really go anywhere near 8 million euros? In three weeks time his value plummets to almost nothing as he can't be sold until january where he can sign a pre contract anyway.

I didn't mind Hugill when he was here, and he certainly wasn't dealt the best hand having George Saville as our most creative player.

But he's very limited, and I don't think I'd feel hugely comforted 1-0 down in the 70th minute thinking "relax, we've got Hugill on the bench".

If it gets to the end of the month and it's a choice between him and nobody, I'd take him. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah but in Turkey those personal life issues might be accepted ways of living here. If he wasnt coming from Turkey, I would have more concern about potential off the field stuff. 

I'd say we should be spending more money on creativity behind the strikers, any half decent striker can bag a hatful. We've proven time and time again that spending 15m on a striker with a good record means nothing if you can't surround him with a supply line, we've spent what 40m+ on strikers since we've come down? And we've consistently been among the lowest scorers in the division... (even when attempting "attacking football")

That's why I'm not too bothered about missing out on a player like Muniz.

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd say we should be spending more money on creativity behind the strikers, any half decent striker can bag a hatful. We've proven time and time again that spending 15m on a striker with a good record means nothing if you can't surround him with a supply line, we've spent what 40m+ on strikers since we've come down? And we've consistently been among the lowest scorers in the division... (even when attempting "attacking football")

That's why I'm not too bothered about missing out on a player like Muniz.

Agree with this I'd take smith as the back up if it meant we got bolasie and another winger

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, newyddion said:

from what I’ve been reading on Twitter it looks like the main issues are him not wanting sign for a Russian club in June and not wanting to sign a new deal with his current club.. sounds like the club president has been a doyle about the whole situation.

i agree with you, in a few weeks someone will get him for a couple of million at most. but we all know how desperate they are to sell so teams in for him will wait until deadline day i bet the go in low as fuuk lol

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""