• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Juninhos magic hat said:

Maybe if he signs a new deal before leaving, if he's only got a year left on his contract,the chances of him staying at a club where he's had limited opportunity would be slim

if he was an established player, sure, but he's an 18 year old kid very highly thought of at his home town club.

9 minutes ago, LBP said:

There's some good Wingers/AMs in the championship with contracts up next summer, wonder if any of the clubs could be tempted into selling

Jed Wallace

Jacob Brown

Tom Barkhuizen

Tom Ince 

Mallik Wilks

Harry Cornick

Tom Lawrence

Josh Murphy

Jeremie Bela 

Kebano

Luke Freeman

Nick Powell

Yan Dhanda

^The standouts for me 

Wilks is a good shout too from Hull.

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don’t know to believe this or not but I have just been told that Daniel Sturridge is at Rockliffe. Any chance of that being true?

Reliable source?  Hasn't played a game for over a year, following his betting ban and contract termination.  

10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don’t know to believe this or not but I have just been told that Daniel Sturridge is at Rockliffe. Any chance of that being true?

Seen the same off soneone on facey, be brilliant but he hasn't played in like 2 year or something

Edited by scotty189
3 minutes ago, macapes said:

Reliable source?  Hasn't played a game for over a year, following his betting ban and contract termination.  

No the source is not sure himself but he was told it was true by someone who knows his agent 🤷‍♂️ I hadn’t heard anything so thought I would ask if anyone on here had

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Howson seems to be able to, but for some reason likes to pass backwards instead. He’s probably one of our best passers I wish he would take a few more risks

One of our worst passers actually.  His passing has gotten progressively worse season by season since he signed for us.  Last season he had a 66.6% accuracy, which is bad enough in general but makes him just about the least accurate passer on our books.  By comparison, Spence was just over 70% last season, and of course we all know that he gives the ball away all of the time.  Even Assombalonga's was higher last season, and I've had a look through most of the others and can only find Fry who was worse - a result of all of the stupid punts upfield no doubt.  This weekend Howson had a passing accuracy of 40.7%, which I think was the worst by a player on either side, including both goalkeepers, which takes some doing for us as we don't tend to pass it out from the back do we? This is the bit where someone explains that I just hate Howson or that stats can be made to show anything.  In this case they show that Howson is in fact one of the worst passers of a ball at the club, not one of the best.  All he really needs to do though is one bit of good play per game and as far as lots of people are concerned, he's played well again.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tom said:

We now have enough central midfield players that we shouldn't need Howson in the first XI.

If they can't do enough to displace him in the side, that's on them.

Unless they are being judged to different standards, which they clearly were last season.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Once Payero comes in I would expect Morsy to take the deeper role and Howson to be less involved in starting matches. He will continue to be more than capable back up in our midfield. Pound for pound he has been a top signing for us and anyone thinking of booing him needs to give their head a shake IMO. 

He's largely been a complete waste of money.  £5m and high wages for a player who has underperformed, even when compared to other midfielders we've had at the time.  He simply gets away with a lot more than anyone else for some reason.  

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

One of our worst passers actually.  His passing has gotten progressively worse season by season since he signed for us.  Last season he had a 66.6% accuracy, which is bad enough in general but makes him just about the least accurate passer on our books.  By comparison, Spence was just over 70% last season, and of course we all know that he gives the ball away all of the time.  Even Assombalonga's was higher last season, and I've had a look through most of the others and can only find Fry who was worse - a result of all of the stupid punts upfield no doubt.  This weekend Howson had a passing accuracy of 40.7%, which I think was the worst by a player on either side, including both goalkeepers, which takes some doing for us as we don't tend to pass it out from the back do we? This is the bit where someone explains that I just hate Howson or that stats can be made to show anything.  In this case they show that Howson is in fact one of the worst passers of a ball at the club, not one of the best.  All he really needs to do though is one bit of good play per game and as far as lots of people are concerned, he's played well again.

You do hate Howson though. (Hopefully Payero takes his place)

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""