• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

No Ciaron Brown in Cardiff squad tonight for they Carabao Cup. Either injured or close to leaving one would assume

Hope we get this guy, wonder if paddy is showing him around

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, macapes said:

You do hate Howson though. (Hopefully Payero takes his place)

I don't.  I just see him as the player he is, rather than the player people thought we were signing.  5 goals and 15 assists in 4 seasons doesn't represent value for money, especially when you consider that he has probably played more minutes over that period than anyone else in a Boro shirt.  You can make some allowances for him being moved around a bit, certainly in in the case of playing at the back at times.  However, it's a relatively small number of games, most of his games have been in midfield, and he simply hasn't done anywhere near enough overall.  Add in the fact that his passing has gotten worse season by season - first season here it was 78.9%, last season it was 66.6%, that he's clearly responsible for multiple goals we've conceded, then I'm failing to see what he's done to be considered to have been anything other than a poor signing?  He was a better player for Norwich in just about every area you can think of, but that's not the player he's been for us, and that's the only part of him that really interests me.  £12m on him and Saville, plus wages, has been absolutely rubbish business from us in my opinion.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's largely been a complete waste of money.  £5m and high wages for a player who has underperformed, even when compared to other midfielders we've had at the time.  He simply gets away with a lot more than anyone else for some reason.  

I dont completely agree with you about Howson but his LONG range passes always seem much poorer than the other midfielders in our squad. I have no stats that back this up, just my observation, but it feels like his long balls are a bit more "hit and hope" than Mcnair, Morsy etc.

I’d be over the moon with Sturridge as unlikely as it is. I recently watched his podcast with Jake Humphrey and he himself admitted he needed time and out and now feels better than ever and ready for a new challenge. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't.  I just see him as the player he is, rather than the player people thought we were signing.  5 goals and 15 assists in 4 seasons doesn't represent value for money, especially when you consider that he has probably played more minutes over that period than anyone else in a Boro shirt.  You can make some allowances for him being moved around a bit, certainly in in the case of playing at the back at times.  However, it's a relatively small number of games, most of his games have been in midfield, and he simply hasn't done anywhere near enough overall.  Add in the fact that his passing has gotten worse season by season - first season here it was 78.9%, last season it was 66.6%, that he's clearly responsible for multiple goals we've conceded, then I'm failing to see what he's done to be considered to have been anything other than a poor signing?  He was a better player for Norwich in just about every area you can think of, but that's not the player he's been for us, and that's the only part of him that really interests me.  £12m on him and Saville, plus wages, has been absolutely rubbish business from us in my opinion.

I wasn't arguing, just doing as asked.  I think he's been absolutely pointless, one of an armada of middling sideways passing midfielders.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Oooh, I don't know about that like. I think he's been a solid performer, I would go so far to say he's been our best midfielder since he signed. Tavernier in midfield looks a different class atm.. but Howson has been smashing out consistently good performances since he got here. 

No. He's been distinctly average and not worth the money.

9 minutes ago, CWC said:

I’d be over the moon with Sturridge as unlikely as it is. I recently watched his podcast with Jake Humphrey and he himself admitted he needed time and out and now feels better than ever and ready for a new challenge. 

Problem is he's guaranteed to miss game time so we'd need to ensure we had enough cover to bridge his time injured.

2 minutes ago, CWC said:

Also where has the Sturridge talk come from? Is it reliable or has anyone got a screenshot?

Blanco knows someone who knows someone who knows his agent I think is the gist of it!

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Blanco knows someone who knows someone who knows his agent I think is the gist of it!

Yes that’s a reasonable assessment of it @Brunners 😂

The fact that no ITK seems to have heard it makes me feel that it’s not true 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Yes that’s a reasonable assessment of it @Brunners 😂

The fact that no ITK seems to have heard it makes me feel that it’s not true 

You have, though! You're the most ITK person currently speaking right now in that you know someone who knows an agent! Unless anyone wants to turn up and make a grander claim, I believe right now you are the official Guru on information relating to Middlesbrough!

So maybe, just maybe, if nobody else turns up you may be able to tell us more about how we're gonna win the league?

4 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I would say that no one represented value for money during the 'smash the league' summer of overspending under Garry Monk. Average/Consistent.. it's a fine line.

Randolph maybe I think you could make a case for?  And Wing as well 🙂

18 minutes ago, CWC said:

Well he’s hardly going to say that he is out of shape and not really motivated as he knows it’ll only be teams from poor leagues that will be interested. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You have, though! You're the most ITK person currently speaking right now in that you know someone who knows an agent! Unless anyone wants to turn up and make a grander claim, I believe right now you are the official Guru on information relating to Middlesbrough!

So maybe, just maybe, if nobody else turns up you may be able to tell us more about how we're gonna win the league?

I will use simplistic terms so you can understand it @wilsoncgp……..

We are going to SMASH it 💪 

UTB 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""