• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

As I said a couple of days ago, we seem to be in the habit of signing players who've had severe injuries. People baulked at Watmore when he joined because he was supposedly a perma-crock, but he was one of our few shining lights last season. Bamba's had a hell of a time, yet he's our latest signing, and the very best of luck to the fella.

Providing Sturridge is (a) physically fit and (b) mentally composed, I'd be delighted to see him join on a low-cost deal or short-term contract. If he could recapture even some of his past form, he'd tear middling Championship defences a new one. And then after they'd had an hour of dealing with him, we could bring Ikpeazu on to really brutalise them.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Payero said:

We would probably end up doing a Mike Bassett and give Dean sturridge a 2 year deal 

Who ironically enough is Daniel Sturridges’s uncle.

10 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Oh, yes of course Randolph and most definitely Lewis Wing

but apart from them two... no one. 

We got our money back on Christie at least. But yeah the rest was money just flushed down the toilet. 

37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't.  I just see him as the player he is, rather than the player people thought we were signing.  5 goals and 15 assists in 4 seasons doesn't represent value for money, especially when you consider that he has probably played more minutes over that period than anyone else in a Boro shirt.  You can make some allowances for him being moved around a bit, certainly in in the case of playing at the back at times.  However, it's a relatively small number of games, most of his games have been in midfield, and he simply hasn't done anywhere near enough overall.  Add in the fact that his passing has gotten worse season by season - first season here it was 78.9%, last season it was 66.6%, that he's clearly responsible for multiple goals we've conceded, then I'm failing to see what he's done to be considered to have been anything other than a poor signing?  He was a better player for Norwich in just about every area you can think of, but that's not the player he's been for us, and that's the only part of him that really interests me.  £12m on him and Saville, plus wages, has been absolutely rubbish business from us in my opinion.

I think he's a good pro and done well for us in periods but he hasnt lived up to the expectations if we are all honest, he has scored 18 less goals and got 5 less assists than in the same period at Norwich. That is a big difference

• Like 1

After five minutes of hard thinking I’ve now decided Daniel Sturridge is the striker we’ve been crying out for and he will be an immediate success. So if this a joke or false information I’m going to be very disappointed. 

Sturridge does fit a profile we’ve gone for quite a few times now. Mikel, Morrison, Bolasie (kind of), NML. And I’m sure there’s another one. As in talented players who have gone by the way side for whatever reason.

Sturridge could indeed be the mystery striker and it could make sense to get him on a 2 year deal, get a good season out of him and some premiership team will probably take him for £10m, has a ‘supposedly high stature’ but not sure if he played in Europe. Very high risk though as no doubt he will still command high wages.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Sturridge does fit a profile we’ve gone for quite a few times now. Mikel, Morrison, Bolasie (kind of), NML. And I’m sure there’s another one. As in talented players who have gone by the way side for whatever reason.

Sturridge could indeed be the mystery striker and it could make sense to get him on a 2 year deal, get a good season out of him and some premiership team will probably take him for £10m, has a ‘supposedly high stature’ but not sure if he played in Europe. Very high risk though as no doubt he will still command high wages.

£10 million? He’s 32 next month

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I don't think anyone is paying £10m for him at this stage of his career mate, or a year on from this stage of his career.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""