oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I think if we did bring Sturridge in then he would be more of an impact sub or impact starter(on for 1st 45 mins to cause problems) his reputation alone would give Championship defenders nightmare before games. He has to be up there with the most naturally gifted finishers in Prem history, just never quite went to that next level for various reasons. I would love him here if his head is in the right place and we accepted we are not going to get 46 games a season from him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Sturridge is probably a good test for new DoF. If we got him on PAYP contract with no fee then could be a great deal for us. Just glad it won’t be Bausor negotiating alone or no doubt he’d be offered £40k a week 4 year deal 

I'd rather us prioritise someone like Healey/Maja and then maybe Sturridge as a wildcard option, all depends on how much Sturridge would cost but realistically how much can he demand from any clubs after barely playing for a few years?

7 minutes ago, LBP said:

I'd rather us prioritise someone like Healey/Maja and then maybe Sturridge as a wildcard option, all depends on how much Sturridge would cost but realistically how much can he demand from any clubs after barely playing for a few years?

Really can't see it being both Maja and Sturridge as both will want to be first choice. Doubt Sturridge will be happy with a pay as you play deal if not being first choice.

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Really can't see it being both Maja and Sturridge as both will want to be first choice. Doubt Sturridge will be happy with a pay as you play deal if not being first choice

I think sturridge would be one of the wide forwards in a 433 Ikpeazu leading and holding play with Sturridge and another quick player in those wide forward positions. I think it will be Ikpeazu starting with Crooks as cover for main striker leading the line, with more goal scoring responsibilities given to the wide forwards. It would also allow Tav and Payero to compete in the creative midfield position and then  Morsy,Howson or Mcnair for the two holding midfield positions. But I'm no expert and this is all opinions from my extensive Football manager career 😁

21 minutes ago, johnhorse said:

?

Just some random dude joining in on the twitter talk. Further down he claims that his niece works at Rockliffe and that Sturridge is the talk of tea room🤣

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IF (and it's a big if) we were to sign Sturridge, I can't see us also signing Boupendza.

We might have a bit of money, but we don't have Monopoly money.

maybe gibson has make a new crypto currency like bit coin and we are paying them with that. on the promise that in 5 years they will be worth 10000% more. its could be called Bulk coin.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IF (and it's a big if) we were to sign Sturridge, I can't see us also signing Boupendza.

We might have a bit of money, but we don't have Monopoly money.

I'm going to hazard a guess and the Boupendza isn't going to be nearly as expensive as their honorary president keep saying. Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 4 million euros inclusive bonuses and his wages will be sensible too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I'm going to hazard a guess and the Boupendza isn't going to be nearly as expensive as their honorary president keep saying. Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 4 million euros inclusive bonuses and his wages will be sensible too. 

agree, 4-6m Euro is the max they can expect, the higher amount being based on longer installments

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Unless we actually are going to only pay 500k for him...

🤣🤣🤣

Unless we're moving to two up top or completely changing our style of play, I'm not sure what impact a Sturridge or Maja would have this season.

Even Uche struggled last game as a lone striker and he's built like a super-heavyweight boxer.  

It's a Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes type who would thrive in this side. 

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""