oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, AsheAshe said:

That’s right and I doubt Norwich are happy for him to be giving us hot tips on the downlow while still on their pay or in gardening leave 

he was sat on our bench sunday mate. did anyone else clock him had a black mask on sat with a notepad.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So basically he'll only ever play if we have a horrendous injury crisis. Which as I said is a waste of a squad space.

Well I'm not happy about it. If we'd signed him purely as a coach it would make more sense.

IF being the operative word. Boro aren't known for their long-term planning. Also, if thats the case, then we'll be taking another gamble with an unproven manager. Which as we've seen in the past is a coin toss. He could be a Karanka, or he could be a Woodgate.

the way i see it bamba is a coach and will be on a salary to reflect it. if he has to play they i'm sure his contract will say he gets a substantial weekly bonus on his salary for doing so. because the playing staff always get far more wages. 

I honestly dont get the issue with the Bamba signing, fair enough if he had physically looked like he was struggling or lost his legs but have we seen that? Its the assumption that because hes 36, hes past it.

He looked really decent against a tough Rotherham side and clearly keeps himself fit, maybe we keep the opinions on his performance levels based on his actual performances?

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So basically he'll only ever play if we have a horrendous injury crisis. Which as I said is a waste of a squad space.

That's not what I said though, is it? He'll likely play a similar amount of minutes to wood last season (4 championship games, plus cup games), and his playing wage is essentially a pittance as he's predominantly here as a coach.

In terms of Woods development, it's better for him to go out on loan - so there's a positive. In terms of FFP, Bamba's wage is portioned differently with him being a member of staff too, so could even mean we have a little extra wiggle room for another signing - there's a positive. Moray has already said what a lift he brings the squad - so there's a positive. 

There's more to football than the eleven on the pitch.

• Like 1

Just looked at Sol's latest IG post, and there's an incredible amount of goodwill towards him in the comments. Yakubu, Benjamin Mendy, Patrick van Aanholt, BBC presenters, even Sunderland fans - all delighted to see him back in the game. Speaks volumes about the nature of the guy we've just brought on board, I guess.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Maybe we did want him out but out of the role he has now and when the possibility to get on EFL board was there - suited both parties.

Yea maybe just means he is out of his role and just will be sat as a director 

Have to say Anglian you are wide of the mark on this one ( perfectly entitled to your opinion though)

Bamba makes perfect sense as he will be happy as back up. He was by all accounts as good as anyone against Rotherham and is a proven leader. Never mind the help he could give to the likes of Wood who will probably go on loan but he can only benefit the likes of Fry to improve further. 

1-0 up going into the last 15 mins he could be perfect . I doubt he will play 90 mins in a league game but a good man for the bench and the dressing room 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

the way i see it bamba is a coach and will be on a salary to reflect it. if he has to play they i'm sure his contract will say he gets a substantial weekly bonus on his salary for doing so. because the playing staff always get far more wages. 

I also noticed that Leo wasnt on the bench on Sunday too

5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/watch-sol-bamba-on-officially-joining-boro

Don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody so happy to join Boro since Dijksteel said everybody in the world wants to play for Middlesbrough !😂

You can understand why but he just seems so happy doesn't he?

Coming away from what it means for our squad in particular, how good is it to see the fella come through all this and still be able to find a contract and maybe play the odd game.

Just to even be able to come into training every day and be part of the squad banter. Him and his family must be so happy to see him still be part of something at 36 after how they must have felt earlier this year, just an overwhelmingly positive thing.

• Like 4
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""