oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

9 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Weird isn’t it? 

Where have I heard the pre contract thing from then? I’m sure folks were talking about it in relation to Britt and Fletcher last January?!?

Is it just overseas players that it applies to them?

I had a quick look and found something about Christian Eriksen, who also had interest from Man United when he signed for Inter. Inter could have agreed a precontract agreement with Eriksen but it would have meant Spurs getting nowt so they negotiated a deal to transfer him then and there. With United, they couldn't speak to him so they didn't have a foot to stand on if Eriksen decided United was where he wanted to be.

The FA limits the precontract agreement domestically from 6 months down to 1 month, essentially to avoid any official conflict of interest in case a player could play against a team they're about to sign for.

Given the odd status of his expiry date (if that is actually true? I can see it on Transfermarkt too but it's really hard to find anything officially confirming it given he originally joined as an U23 from Wealdstone) that could however mean that we could negotiate a pre-contract agreement with him in January.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Is it weird that I’d rather have Ryan Hedges & Rhys Healey over Daniel Sturridge and Andre Gray?

I’d prefer hedges and Maja over either. But yeah I would agree

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Any team not in the United Kingdom

I think it's any team outside England, I'm nearly sure a player from an English club could sign a pre contract for a team in Scotland

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Is it weird that I’d rather have Ryan Hedges & Rhys Healey over Daniel Sturridge and Andre Gray?

Healey looks a natural goalscorer for me, we'll enjoy the challenge of changing that

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, LBP said:

Healey looks a natural goalscorer for me, we'll enjoy the challenge of changing that

You son, turn your back to the goal and control this while Sol here kicks you you hard in the ***!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
54 minutes ago, newyddion said:

No but if that’s what we ended up with still think we have had a decent window

13 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Blackburn and Middlesbrough register interest in Hedges

Aberdeen reject £500k bid from Championship Club

Middlesbrough offered chance to sign Josh Maja

Middlesbrough Prepare Bid For Josh Maja

“As things stand, Maja will return to Bordeaux for pre-season training, but his French employers are keen to move him on this summer and are understood to have flagged up his availability to a number of English clubs.

“Boro are willing to discuss a cut-price deal with Bordeaux, although at this stage, a loan deal is regarded as a more realistic scenario. That could be an option later in the summer, but for now, the Bordeaux hierarchy are expected to hold out for a permanent transfer.”

What do teams do when they are preparing a bid? 

Do we have some inspiring music on Bausors ghetto blaster and Gibson stood massaging his shoulders while he's typing the email?  

• Haha 5
20 minutes ago, newyddion said:

“As things stand, Maja will return to Bordeaux for pre-season training, but his French employers are keen to move him on this summer and are understood to have flagged up his availability to a number of English clubs.

“Boro are willing to discuss a cut-price deal with Bordeaux, although at this stage, a loan deal is regarded as a more realistic scenario. That could be an option later in the summer, but for now, the Bordeaux hierarchy are expected to hold out for a permanent transfer.”

Just wish we could make an offer for Josh Benson, so we can have a lineup with Benson & Hedges...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Benson

😁

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, newyddion said:

There was a quote the other day from Petkovic saying Maja was potentially long term crocked I think. Will see if I can find it again, was posted in here originally.

Might influence things hugely if he is.

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

What do teams do when they are preparing a bid? 

Do we have some inspiring music on Bausors ghetto blaster and Gibson stood massaging his shoulders while he's typing the email?  

I imagine they also have transfer fees pinned to the office dart board and chuck some arrows to see what we'll offer.

Either that or a game of Pin the Player on the Transfer Fee (kinda like Pin the Tail on the Donkey).

1 hour ago, newyddion said:

I’d like to think Steve Gibson has sent him out to Brazil in a red fleece bargain hunt style with £250 in his back pocket to bring back two wingers and two striker!

Boro won the race for Muniz so Fulham site says 

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""