oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Highly rated at one point, went on trial at Chelsea. Seems to have dropped down the ladder a little, probably slightly above the level of Jones and Folarin, low risk gamble which gives us more options. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boromadman said:

Id take Diallo Amad for a season on loan , hes just been made available yesterday for loan by man u . Plays on the wing or upfront . He did make 8 appearances for man u last season scoring 1 and assisting 1 so could probably do a good job in the championship 

No chance at all.. Will be  prem loan (like Brighton) or France/Holland/Portugal

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

“There were four of us talking in the office. We were talking about different things, and all of a sudden, somebody came up that we never thought about.

“I said, ‘Bloody hell, I’d have him tomorrow’. So, we’ve gone down that line and, hopefully, we could get a positive response in the next week.

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on this to be honest.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on this to be honest.

What's the problem, that they're sat around in an office or that someone new suddenly came up?

• Like 2

“I haven’t got a problem at the back or in midfield, it’s just forwards really, trying to find a formula where we can create and score goals,” he said. “That’s not easy at the minute with the players we’ve got, we do need an input with that."

A ringing endorsement there for at least two of our summer signings.  Still, money well spent no doubt. 😒

The Premier League striker on loan was mentioned a few pages back. Question remains if he would be fit enough after a serious injury in April while out on loan but surgery and recovery has been expedited. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Concerns me when I hear Warnock say "4 of us were sat round and we thought of someone"

"One player came on the market yesterday, just by talking really. There were four of us talking in the office. We were talking about different things, and all of a sudden, somebody came up that we never thought about." sounds like blokes at the pub discussing free transfers boro should get 😂

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

“I haven’t got a problem at the back or in midfield, it’s just forwards really, trying to find a formula where we can create and score goals,” he said. “That’s not easy at the minute with the players we’ve got, we do need an input with that."

A ringing endorsement there for at least two of our summer signings.  Still, money well spent no doubt. 😒

All that is saying is "we don't have enough strikers or forwards right now" which is blatantly true, it's not an indictment on any of our signings.

Just now, Brunners said:

What's the problem, that they're sat around in an office or that someone new suddenly came up?

Not so much a problem as a point of interest that our new long term plan still seems to have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson having chats and coming up with names of players for us to sign.  All kinds of names coming from all kinds of places, and almost certainly, not a lot of joined up thinking involved.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

All that is saying is "we don't have enough strikers or forwards right now" which is blatantly true, it's not an indictment on any of our signings.

No, that's not what it's saying.  Good try though, I can see you're in one of your moods today 👍

• Wow 1
27 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You love a tongue in cheek pessimistic prediction 😂 

We have had covid outbreak, 3 point deduction and Fry leaving now

haha just trying to steer the thread away from food puns

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not so much a problem as a point of interest that our new long term plan still seems to have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson having chats and coming up with names of players for us to sign.  All kinds of names coming from all kinds of places, and almost certainly, not a lot of joined up thinking involved.

Of course it does, Scott hasn't started yet; this is currently still the same disjointed method we've used for the previous 5+ years.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, that's not what it's saying.  Good try though, I can see you're in one of your moods today 👍

I'm not in any sort of mood; I just personally think you have to have a specially negative mindset to read that sentence and think he's talking about his signings being ***, and not talking generally about a lack of options. 😂

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But everybody knows Warnock can spot a footballer inside 30 seconds on video. He doesn't need scouting, data and modern stuff like that.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""