oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not so much a problem as a point of interest that our new long term plan still seems to have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson having chats and coming up with names of players for us to sign.  All kinds of names coming from all kinds of places, and almost certainly, not a lot of joined up thinking involved.

Has he confirmed it was those four people? If it was Warnock, Keiran Scott, Neil Bausor and one of the scouting team then that seems like a good way to operate.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

The Premier League striker on loan was mentioned a few pages back. Question remains if he would be fit enough after a serious injury in April while out on loan but surgery and recovery has been expedited. 

Who?

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not so much a problem as a point of interest that our new long term plan still seems to have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson having chats and coming up with names of players for us to sign.  All kinds of names coming from all kinds of places, and almost certainly, not a lot of joined up thinking involved.

I would say it's just a reflection of how chaotic transfer windows can be. I'm sure an ITK mentioned on here recently that deals can spring up in a matter of hours. You can have all the long-term planning you like but sometimes a surprise opportunity will come about anyway.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Toyosi Olusanya? am I reading that right? that's a bit of a mad one! I half expected us to be linked with someone like Belgian winger Jason Lokilo who's a free agent after having a decent season at Doncaster. 

I bet this is that lad Warnock has been talking to in the last 48 hours who's 'really keen to come.'

I CHUFFIN BET HE IS!!!

I hope he comes and excels just so I can hear Maddo try and pronounce that.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Toyosi Olusanya? am I reading that right? that's a bit of a mad one! I half expected us to be linked with someone like Belgian winger Jason Lokilo who's a free agent after having a decent season at Doncaster. 

I bet this is that lad Warnock has been talking to in the last 48 hours who's 'really keen to come.'

I CHUFFIN BET HE IS!!!

Lokilo really didnt have a decent season 

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

One player came on the market yesterday, just by talking really,” said Warnock. “There were four of us talking in the office. We were talking about different things, and all of a sudden, somebody came up that we never thought about.

“I said, ‘Bloody hell, I’d have him tomorrow’. So, we’ve gone down that line and, hopefully, we could get a positive response in the next week.

“We’re still looking abroad. I spoke to a player in the last 48 hours who’s really keen to come, so I’m hoping we can get these things tied up now they’re available. Whether we can do it for QPR or not, I’m not sure. But we’ve got to try to do it as quickly as we can because we’re so short of goals at the minute.”

From the northern echo

This is Wanrock. It's Paddy Kenny, nailed on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Did you ever see the day in the life video of Chris Wilder on transfer deadline day? His phone was going every 5 minutes with a new name being offered. If someone suddenly becomes available - in a role we’re lacking - why wouldn’t we try to jump on it?

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

Of course it does, Scott hasn't started yet; this is currently still the same disjointed method we've used for the previous 5+ years.

I'm not in any sort of mood; I just personally think you have to have a specially negative mindset to read that sentence and think he's talking about his signings being ***, and not talking generally about a lack of options. 😂

Sounds a bit like you are.  You know the one where you disagree with everything I say, fail to make a worthwhile point, and then accuse me of being argumentative.  I'm sure the last bit will be here soon enough 😉

Simple question for you, why can't he find a formula to score goals with the players that we've got, as he put it?  Any new players coming in could only replace the current players right?  We're not going to play with like 8 attackers on the field every game? 

To revisit his quote "it’s just forwards really, trying to find a formula where we can create and score goals,” he said. “That’s not easy at the minute with the players we’ve got,"  He's telling you right there that the players we have currently aren't good enough.  If the players we sign are better than them then they will replace them in the team.  If the players we sign are no better than them then we will still have a problem finding a formula where we can create and score goals.  I don't really see how either statement could be incorrect?  It seems pretty obvious to me that he's looking for better than we have at the moment?  Whilst it's not quite "we have no strikers", it's also not much of a confidence boost to the lads already at the club.  I don't know if it's telling or not that Ikpeazu was off after 55 mins against Fulham, and then was one of the few players involved again in midweek?  Could be, maybe?

Needing numbers is needing numbers, I get that.  'Can't find a formula to create and score goals with the players we've got', is something else mate.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Did you ever see the day in the life video of Chris Wilder on transfer deadline day? His phone was going every 5 minutes with a new name being offered. If someone suddenly becomes available - in a role we’re lacking - why wouldn’t we try to jump on it?

Because that's not what happened.  They were chatting about all kinds of things and then one of them came up with a name that's all.  

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on this to be honest.

I am not sure why it is something anyone would pick up on. The coaches sat having a discussion with a.n. other, probably someone from the recruitment team discussing options. This name popping up that they hadn’t thought of previously probably came from a routine circulated alert from another club about the player being made available.

I genuinely think it is that simple. Probably never thought about him because either

a) They never thought for one minute his current club would make him available 

b) He is sufficient a name as to have been thought to be too pricey

I am sure they never thought of people like Tammy Abrahams or Callum Hudson-Odoi too for the same reasons 😉.
It sounds like a shock alert by another club of the availability of this latest mystery player and they have acted swiftly in hope they can see it over the line thats all.

Sit back and enjoy watching it unravel, it is like Christmas as a kid, when the wrapping is off, will it be the X-Box you craved or the ill fitting jumper your granny decided to knit for you at the last minute 😁

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, A21 said:

Has he confirmed it was those four people? If it was Warnock, Keiran Scott, Neil Bausor and one of the scouting team then that seems like a good way to operate.

Scott doesn't work for us yet, Bausor shouldn't be anywhere near coming up with names of players for us to sign.  It will have been Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson, and one other.  

Just now, Changing Times said:

Scott doesn't work for us yet, Bausor shouldn't be anywhere near coming up with names of players for us to sign.  It will have been Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson, and one other.  

If Scott doesn't work for us yet then why was he sat on the bench at Fulham?

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If Scott doesn't work for us yet then why was he sat on the bench at Fulham?

I had no idea he was mate?  I thought Norwich had said he was leaving them at the end of August to start here?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sounds a bit like you are.  You know the one where you disagree with everything I say, fail to make a worthwhile point, and then accuse me of being argumentative.  I'm sure the last bit will be here soon enough 😉

Simple question for you, why can't he find a formula to score goals with the players that we've got, as he put it?  Any new players coming in could only replace the current players right?  We're not going to play with like 8 attackers on the field every game? 

To revisit his quote "it’s just forwards really, trying to find a formula where we can create and score goals,” he said. “That’s not easy at the minute with the players we’ve got,"  He's telling you right there that the players we have currently aren't good enough.  If the players we sign are better than them then they will replace them in the team.  If the players we sign are no better than them then we will still have a problem finding a formula where we can create and score goals.  I don't really see how either statement could be incorrect?  It seems pretty obvious to me that he's looking for better than we have at the moment?  Whilst it's not quite "we have no strikers", it's also not much of a confidence boost to the lads already at the club.  I don't know if it's telling or not that Ikpeazu was off after 55 mins against Fulham, and then was one of the few players involved again in midweek?  Could be, maybe?

Needing numbers is needing numbers, I get that.  'Can't find a formula to create and score goals with the players we've got', is something else mate.

Lol, I don't disagree with everything you say; I've agreed with you far too much lately and I don't like it.

I am just going to leave it at this. I disagree with you on this and after watching his press conference still don't believe he's saying anything about our current attackers; it's more talk about systems and combos of players than any individual.

I'm not going to discuss with you any further however and I wish you good day.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""