oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

22 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Apart from the 8 new signings.

Eight new signings sounds great, but an analysis of those incomings make less comfortable reading. Two keepers on a free, a winger on a free who is now injured, two back up semi retired squad fillers, a forward with a moderate goal record from a relegated team, a midfielder from a relegated team, and an Argentinian who may or may not adapt. If it stays like that to the end of the window then I think we can all just put this season in the category of treading water waiting for the new DOF and manager to have an influence

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Eight new signings sounds great, but an analysis of those incomings make less comfortable reading. Two keepers on a free, a winger on a free who is now injured, two back up semi retired squad fillers, a forward with a moderate goal record from a relegated team, a midfielder from a relegated team, and an Argentinian who may or may not adapt. If it stays like that to the end of the window then I think we can all just put this season in the category of treading water waiting for the new DOF and manager to have an influence

Agreed! Eight new signings means nothing if we don't get two good quality attackers in.

28 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I'm certain Norwich's championship targets are vastly different to the players they are targeting in the Premier League, so I can't see them having too much of a problem with him sharing his knowledge before he officially starts his role. It will be beneficial for him in his new role and It won't hurt them.. no issues surely..

Players with potential to go straight into first team squad, I’ll give you, but he should have a long list of younger players who have potential to move up from U23 squads or from non league/league 2. With those players, there’s bound to be some that make it to premier league , those just good enough for Championship and others who never make it at all. You sign those that interest you most, and who want to join you and then hope they progress. Find one or two gems and they can be worth a huge amount in today’s market,  so Norwich won’t just ignore all the ones he has been keeping tabs on. They will want to use the time before he joins us to see if they should be putting in offers before he can legally suggest Boro do the same.

41 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

The one thing that struck me about Wednesdays comments were How long has Warnock been here ?

If we have talented lads that need "toughening up/"teaching "street wise" or just down right grafting what's he been doing he goes to a lot of their games

If he can pot a player in 30 seconds - what happens when he views the under 23s does that go out of the window ?

One thing you notice after years of watching football is that most managers are experts at deflecting the blame onto anyone but themselves. 

The older managers are the most accomplished at it as well. 

From Boupendza to Toyosi Olusanya 🤣

If he comes though, best of luck to the lad. We must be running out of options and our main targets. even second choice etc have been hard to make happen.. shame. 

I'd have thought we'd be able to get Bolasie to come back at the very least, if we really are struggling come near deadline considering there appeared to be funds to finance another deal or two including the striker we were chasing .. finances in football etc is not my forte though, clearly! 

There's still time though, I just hope something will still work out. I love a good wildcard signing among the rest, we had Watmore come in and give us a great goal return and assists etc in half a season. I hope Watmore has a great one this time around, if he repeated that form it'd be a wonderful return from a player who came out of nowhere, really. He looked a bit off the other day at Fulham to me, but it was as hard an away game we're gonna get this season so hopefully he has a good outing tomorrow vs Bristol .. 

I hope Olusanya is the next one and we end up selling him for 20 million after our first season back in the PL 🤣

3 minutes ago, White Band said:

Does anyone know anything about this lad? https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-close-signing-highly-touted-winger  It seems so random that I would normally dismiss it, but there has been a tendency for signings to come out of the blue since Warnock took over.

Would be a very strange signing. Not young enough to really be a signing for the future considering the level he is at right now

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Does anyone know anything about this lad? https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-close-signing-highly-touted-winger  It seems so random that I would normally dismiss it, but there has been a tendency for signings to come out of the blue since Warnock took over.

Nobody knows about him. He’s a non league part timer. 

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Would be a very strange signing. Not young enough to really be a signing for the future considering the level he is at right now

Yes, it seems totally bizarre.  That's why I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him as a player.  It's not unknown for us to sign a player from non-league (I think Wing came from Shildon?), but they are usually local and most don't make.  Wing is the best I can think of who we have signed from non league. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

When Warnock in that press conference said about wanting to see Crooks playing in behind someone I just assumed he was talking about football.

Will we chalk this one up as the first time you were wrong about anything CT? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

rather sad but i was fascinated by the CT/Brunners conflict during revious pages. i wanted to put a link on that sums it up brilliantly... monty python -is this the right room for an arguement.... but im rubbish at techy stuff.  talk about the battle between two unmovable objects  , frankly no one was going to win that debate and BTW IF THERES ONE POSTER ON HERE that id choose NEVER to attempt one-upmanship with , its CT. 

RE other recent debates, i heard that were looking into a loan deal for a premier squad player so it was interesting to see if it was the same as id heard of..  being as the person i was told is an attacker too. alas the name wasnt the same but one of the clubs was . 

nothing but a verbal word of mouth to back my info up but the name i heard was Ellis Simms from Everton who was on loan at Blackpool last season and Everton feel he needs one more loan move preferably a division higher to maintain his progress  . 

also a few weeks back i said my brother in law was going to norway as part of a scouting mission of which we were  sanctioning and one name ive been given is an attacker/winger from Haugesund called Sondre Liseth. 

here you go mate.

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""