• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, newyddion said:

We’re two players (striker and left winger) away from improving on where we were last season. All our young players have improved and the players we’ve brought in are improvements on what we had last season.

Beyond those two players we have space in the squad to take a gamble here and there on young players and loans.

It’s all good man. Plenty of time to bring in two players to replace Britt Assombalonga and Marvin Johnson.

For me personally, we need three attackers to give us enough depth and options.

Two of those need to be of first team quality. We have improved in some areas and added depth in defence but the main positions we needed to improve in we are yet to do so. In terms of the youth it's hard to judge at the moment but most of them look way of the standard needed for a promotion push in the Championship.

We've seen a glimpse of Jones but asking a lot for him to do the business all season. Likewise with Coburn he could be our 3rd or 4th choice striker just fine but wouldn't want to rely on him to start games.

When we start with Jones, Coburn and Crooks as the front 3 tomorrow... 😬

...I'll be roaring them on nonetheless. 🦁

It is what it is. I still trust we'll get some players in. Whether they'll be good enough to take us up is another thing entirely but still, what's more important this season right now is stability.

I do wonder how Warnock would react reading this forum now, with the reaction to Scott coming in, vs. prior to that. Though I respect not everyone thought the way I did about how big a difference that makes to viewing the rest of his time here.

I just wonder if he'd prefer the fan who thinks he's doing crap at getting us promoted vs. the fan who's just kind of happy for the stability he provides until the better times come after he leaves. The fan who he may want to prove wrong vs. the fan that doesn't care about being proved wrong any more. Generally speaking you'd think people in his position preferred less pressure but I don't really think apathy is what he's going for either.

• Like 1

Think we’re missing a trick not going after Osayi Samuel at Fenerbache (Former QPR) he was one of the best players in the league when he was here and available for around 2-3m

• Like 3

Talking about Akpom, it just goes to show how quickly you need to play well for your team nowadays. He was rated at Arsenal as a junior. Even now, their fans post that they rated him and thought he would do well somewhere. Moved to Greece, did well. Came here on the back of it but because he didn’t excel he is on his way out again. It just goes to show that, as a forward, you need the right players around you to give that pass or cross at the right time to make you look good. Reminds me of Alfonso Alves. Loads of goals in Dutch League. Came here, initially did well. Two goals against ManU and a hat trick against Man City. Then we sold Fabio Rochemback (another McClaren mistake) and he didn’t get the service the following season and was classed a flop.

Edited by sambaDTR
  • Like 1

Not getting rid of Akpom is a blow. Just a massive lack of quality from him. Whoever picked him out wants questioning - he doesn't do anything very well. One of those players on championship manager with nothing over 10. 

1 hour ago, sambaDTR said:

Talking about Akpom, it just goes to show how quickly you need to play well for your team nowadays. He was rated at Arsenal as a junior. Even now, their fans post that they rated him and thought he would do well somewhere. Moved to Greece, did well. Came here on the back of it but because he didn’t excel he is on his way out again. It just goes to show that, as a forward, you need the right players around you to give that pass or cross at the right time to make you look good. Reminds me of Alfonso Alves. Loads of goals in Dutch League. Came here, initially did well. Two goals against ManU and a hat trick against Man City. Then we sold Fabio Rochemback (another McClaren mistake) and he didn’t get the service the following season and was classed a flop.

I don’t think akpom did much worse here than he did in Greece. He got 8 goals in 35 in the league last season for them, 5 for us in 38 appearances - not really worlds apart. With a career average of 0.14 gpg I don’t think he was ever going to start banging them in

Lucas Alario - We have been trying to negotiate a deal for the striker throughout the summer and looked like we were close at times but unfortunately I believe he's about to sign a new contract at Bayer leverkusen.

Sorry I wasn't allowed to release the name sooner but I was asked not to release the players name.

Last night I had it confirmed that the deal was now off although it's something we could potentially go back to in the future.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Lucas Alario - We have been trying to negotiate a deal for the striker throughout the summer and looked like we were close at times but unfortunately I believe he's about to sign a new contract at Bayer leverkusen.

Sorry I wasn't allowed to release the name sooner but I was asked not to release the players name.

Last night I had it confirmed that the deal was now off although it's something we could potentially go back to in the future.

He signed a new contract on the 2nd of august

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Any idea why we couldn’t get it through when we were close? Or were we always just leverage for a new deal? 

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""