• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

There is nothing wrong with the club trying to be ambitious and chasing real quality if we can afford it. However, I think just like the January 2017 window, we spend far to long dangling on the hook hoping and awaiting the big fish to finally bite when the reality is the fish is looking to swim further upstream.

It is getting to the stage now where we really need to bring in players. We have money, so just get Smith from Rotherham and use the money for pace and flair on the flanks, whether they be loan or purchases, but if this window closes with us failing to add to pace and flair in that final third, it wont be just some fans that lose patience, some of our better players like Tav and Fry will be feeling the same and looking to move on elsewhere.

This really is a crossroads season for the club, the pandemic has enabled a reset, there is still time, and crucially money it seems, lets hope it is used wisely and we quickly move on if targets appear to be stalling, I am beginning to feel we are far too naive in our transfer negotiating, hopefully Scott will have a far more structured and realistic approach than we have seen these last few years.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Why would you have preferred Josh Maja over him? 🥴

Probably because he has atleast played in the championship, where as Lucas is a full Argentine international and is a bit of a gamble.. but is a player who could get into most premier league teams. 

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Probably because he has atleast played in the championship, where as Lucas is a full Argentine international and is a bit of a gamble.. but is a player who could get into most premier league teams. 

Still makes no sense to prefer him. At all.

• Like 2

I'm sure all the people on here with contacts post in good faith but I think we need to take the rumours with a pinch of salt. 

Most of signings we make are never mentioned by the ITKers until the story has been broken in the press and the majority of the names they give us never happen. 

I'm sure people are being fed names to throw everyone off the scent and probably for a laugh as well.

Let's just wait and see what happens, its fun to talk about rumours but I wouldn't get yourselves wound up by some random rumours on a message board. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, caseybwoy said:

Any idea why we couldn’t get it through when we were close? Or were we always just leverage for a new deal? 

Was going to be expensive deal as he's on good money. We weren't sure if he was using us to get a new contract but we grew confident into deal.

Not sure if the Akpom deal not going ahead has contributed to us pulling out and him signing a new contract

56 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Why would you have preferred Josh Maja over him? 🥴

Well for one I've never heard of him, but that's probably because I don't play FIFA or championship manager like the majority on here and plus the money he was asking after I thought personally it took us back to Britt days with a massive game at 28.

Believe it or not, it's up to you but that's why I was also sceptical at releasing any information about the deal as well as being asked not too by one of the Boro's coaching team.

I'd prefer Maja because of his age and the potential sell on in the future if he has a good few seasons. I've been impressed since I seen him break through at Sunderland and whilst on loan at Fulham last season.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 5
44 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Maja has scored 1 goal in the championship. He’s had one half decent season (14 goals) with Sunderland in league 1. I really don’t get the hype around the lad. Only thing he’s got going for him is that he’s 22. 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Well for one I've never heard of him, but that's probably because I don't play FIFA or championship manager like the majority on here and plus the money he was asking after I thought personally it took us back to Britt days with a massive game at 28.

Believe it or not, it's up to you but that's why I was also sceptical at releasing any information about the deal as well as being asked not too by one of the Boro's coaching team.

I'd prefer Maja because of his age and the potential sell on in the future if he has a good few seasons. I've been impressed since I seen him break through at Sunderland and whilst on loan at Fulham last season.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""