oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Well for one I've never heard of him, but that's probably because I don't play FIFA or championship manager like the majority on here and plus the money he was asking after I thought personally it took us back to Britt days with a massive game at 28.

I'd prefer Maja because of his age and the potential sell on in the future if he has a good few seasons. I've been impressed since I seen him break through at Sunderland and whilst on loan at Fulham last season.

Same here. When we were after someone I was expecting it to be someone a bit younger who we’d be able to sell on or someone older on a very small fee.

Does seem a strange deal for us to be going after. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Alario has played 9 games for Argentina, he's played 99 games in the Bundasliga, Leverkusen paid 21m for him and he's currently rated at 18m on transfermarkt. 

I can't believe we're buying players like Uche and Crooks one minute then shopping for players like Alario the next. 

It doesn't make sense, if fans are expecting to buy players like that at our level I think they're going to end up disappointed. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Alario has played 9 games for Argentina, he's played 99 games in the Bundasliga, Leverkusen paid 21m for him and he's currently rated at 18m on transfermarkt. 

I can't believe we're buying players like Uche and Crooks one minute then shopping for players like Alario the next. 

It doesn't make sense, if fans are expecting to buy players like that at our level I think they're going to end up disappointed. 

Absolutely spot on. 

Seems like we are aiming way above our station at times.  Muniz was the same - he'd been linked to Athletico/Inter and yes he ended up going to Fulham but they have way more pulling power than us.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Which fans were expecting us to buy players like that? 

There’s clearly a big amount of money burning a hole in Gibbo’s pocket however going after these types of players. Really hope he’s learned his lessons and doesn’t waste it all now, rather just keep it in the bank for when Scott comes in if a good option isn’t available 

• Like 2

To be honest if our recruitment team thought we were in with a genuine chance of Alario then thank the lord Kieran Scott is coming in.  Absolutely heads gone to think we had a chance with him.  It would have been tricky if we were a newly promoted premier league team.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Seems like we are aiming way above our station at times.

I don't believe a lot of these rumours, thats my point.

I'm sure we've looked at Muniz but I don't think we're realistically going to be paying 8m for anyone at the moment, let alone someone rated closer to 20m. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. 

After Monk and Pulis I've got the feeling that the club are trying to run themselves a bit more sensibly which is why we are bringing in Scott. Buying 20m rated players doesn't really fit into that. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm sure we've looked at Muniz but I don't think we're realistically going to be paying 8m for anyone at the moment, let alone someone rated closer to 20m. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. 

After Monk and Pulis I've got the feeling that the club are trying to run themselves a bit more sensibly which is why we are bringing in Scott. Buying 20m rated players doesn't really fit into that. 

I think Britt has scarred a lot of fans. £15m and about as much of a sure thing for Championship goals as you can get. 

Likewise with Jordan Rhodes. The big fees for strikers are always a risk and I think we don’t want to pay a huge fee and get stuck with the player on the books. 

1 minute ago, FinallyRegistered said:

I think Britt has scarred a lot of fans. £15m and about as much of a sure thing for Championship goals as you can get. 

Likewise with Jordan Rhodes. The big fees for strikers are always a risk and I think we don’t want to pay a huge fee and get stuck with the player on the books. 

It's probably an unpopular opinion but when we bought Britt and Rhodes we needed to build our teams around them.  Both players could hit 20 goals a season if teams were setup to their strengths.  Britt would miss a fair few chances but we rarely played to his strengths in my opinion.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It’s Gibson though, when Southgate was here he wanted to sign Ameobi or Beattie, think maybe Kevin Phillips too. Around £2-3m, he was told we had no money.
Couple of days later he was told the striker he was getting was Alves, there was no alternative, so he agreed. 

Why not spend a bit more on Bolasie’s wages. 

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""