• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Could be a first choice left back.  He has had a better career than Bola to date, although Bola is obviously younger.  Warnock doesn't rate Coulson as a left back so he isn't an option there.

He could I agree but it's for sure not a position to priotise funds for and wouldn't make much of a difference to our points tally I'm sure, much rather a cheaper option to be Bola's deputy 

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Could be a first choice left back.  He has had a better career than Bola to date, although Bola is obviously younger.  Warnock doesn't rate Coulson as a left back so he isn't an option there.

Just don’t see the reason to be signing a first choice left back. Bola is one of the first names on the team sheet and currently one of the most in form left backs over the past year or so. 

Id actually be quite happy to have Bidwell here for a reasonable price. He’s a good player and would he first choice at most clubs in this league. For 2.5mill tho? Not a chance.

6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

OOF!!! Looks leathal!! None of those go in by accident. When he rounds the keeper and threads it in by the near post.. absolutely spot on. Not to mention the shot that pings of the post and he places it the other end of the rebound. Nice!!

eye looks decent at non league standard. clearly better than that.

5 minutes ago, newyddion said:

OOF!!! Looks leathal!! None of those go in by accident. When he rounds the keeper and threads it in by the near post.. absolutely spot on. Not to mention the shot that pings of the post and he places it the other end of the rebound. Nice!!

Took his goals well, but the oppositions defence looked static.

I need to see him miss several clear one on ones, sky a penalty 3 yards over the bar, steer it wide from 6 inches out and laugh at each and every miss, until then I can’t see how he would possibly have a future at Boro.

• Haha 1
Just now, LBP said:

He could I agree but it's for sure not a position to priotise funds for and wouldn't make much of a difference to our points tally I'm sure, much rather a cheaper option to be Bola's deputy 

I suppose it depends really.  9 assists he got last season, which is better than anyone managed for us.  I think you'd have to go back to Traore's spell here for someone to better that and he only got 10.  It's obviously a bit of an anomaly for him, but he does seem to chip in with a handful every season.  If he can defend as well then potentially you're adding chances/goals without losing anything at the other end.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We should not be spending £2.5m on anyone nowadays unless we're fully expecting them to become first choice.

its bull, we wont be signing anyone for that unless a key player. we probably inquired about him thats it. he was in the market for a lb. be all agent talk.

Not attention seeking here but quite a few people tagging me for updates etc so I'm letting you all know that I am going to come away from the forum for a while and keep the information I am told to myself.

I'm sure members will comment that it's because of the information I posted yesterday and don't believe it to be true, that's not the reasons.- It's absolutely fine what people believe and don't believe and I don't take it personal but 100% the information I relayed was true and that's why I kept it quiet until I was given the green light to release information.

What I do take personal is the name calling and certain posters DM that are abusive. Those types of people I would deal with differently in a face to face situation.

The reason i am going to have a few weeks off from the forum is because of different reasons which have annoyed me recently which maybe the moderators want to keep an eye on before they start to lose other decent posters.

- The name calling from certain posters where they make it personal and abusive. (Keyboard warriors) I personally find it extremely difficult not to react because people like that in a face to face situation would act completely different.

- The topic always going off track - We have all been guilty of it including me at times but there's a limit surely before you intervene and starting deleting posts.

- New members from FMTTM which have quite clearly come on here to disrupt this forum and cause trouble. 

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not attention seeking here but quite a few people tagging me for updates etc so I'm letting you all know that I am going to come away from the forum for a while and keep the information I am told to myself.

I'm sure members will comment that it's because of the information I posted yesterday and don't believe it to be true - That's absolutely fine but 100% the information I relayed was true and that's why I kept it quiet until I was given the green light to release information.

The reason i am going to have a few weeks off from the forum is because of different reasons which have annoyed me recently which maybe the moderators want to keep an eye on before they start to lose other decent posters.

- The name calling from certain posters where they make it personal and abusive. (Keyboard warriors) I personally find it extremely difficult not to react because people like that in a face to face situation would act completely different.

- The topic always going off track - We have all been guilty of it including me at times but there's a limit surely before you intervene and starting deleting posts.

- New members from FMTTM which have quite clearly come on here to disrupt this forum and cause trouble. 

Worra teaspoon 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I sense a lot of regular posters will now move away because the only source of actual transfer news is raf or lurker maybe?

I agree since the fmttm lot came over there’s been a lot more stupid arguments. Hope the people who criticised can go elsewhere now 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I suppose it depends really.  9 assists he got last season, which is better than anyone managed for us.  I think you'd have to go back to Traore's spell here for someone to better that and he only got 10.  It's obviously a bit of an anomaly for him, but he does seem to chip in with a handful every season.  If he can defend as well then potentially you're adding chances/goals without losing anything at the other end.  

Agree with all you’ve said, and if we didn’t have Bola I’d be happy. Just don’t really see why we would be actively looking to get a first choice left back in. If he was on a free or perhaps sub 500k then would be great business. 2 genuine options at left back to fight it out. Just seems barmy if it’s for £2.5mill when we’ve currently got one fit senior attacker fit.

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I'm sure members will comment that it's because of the information I posted yesterday and don't believe it to be true - That's absolutely fine but 100% the information I relayed was true and that's why I kept it quiet until I was given the green light to release information.

FWIW I'm 100% sure that you get this info.  I just don't believe we had a shot at all of signing this fella 🤷‍♂️ Bigger clubs than us interested in him, and on wages that I don't see us stumping up for anyone at the moment.  Doesn't mean we didn't ask about him though of course, which I dare say is where your information comes from. 

See you in a few weeks mate 👍

If you could take your brother with you as well then that would be fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""