oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

9 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Would prefer Chiesa, thought he looked great in the euros. 

(Before anyone says I know we have no chance of Federico Chiesa)  

I'd take Enrico Chiesa at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

It’s a real sad indictment of Boro related social media platforms. This was one of the last decent ones but now appears to going the same way as FMTTM and some of the groups on Facebook.

I hope there can be some sort of restoration of this forum, and in particular these  transfer threads, but clearly people just need to be dïcks

FAO @diggerlad07 I hope you see that it’s just a small minority of said dïcks, and together we can get the better of them.

• Like 3

I think this translates as Akpom wanting to go back to PAOK on loan

https://www.metrosport.gr/paok-o-akpom-se-proto-plano-gia-anti-oliveira-434683

"The British forward had made an opening for PAOK (as "M" had revealed) in mid-June, as he seems dissatisfied with its development, in Middlesbrough. Yesterday, it was confirmed, contacts were made with the side of Akpom to come to Toumba. The issue is handled by his agent. The British forward wants to come again (on loan this time) and until last night he waited for the developments to start. In fact, in the interview he gave to Metropolis 95.5 a month ago, he had publicly expressed his desire to come to Dikefalos, on loan."

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

It’s a real sad indictment of Boro related social media platforms. This was one of the last decent ones but now appears to going the same way as FMTTM and some of the groups on Facebook.

I hope there can be some sort of restoration of this forum, and in particular these  transfer threads, but clearly people just need to be dïcks

FAO @diggerlad07 I hope you see that it’s just a small minority of said dïcks, and together we can get the better of them.

To be honest I think this is part of the problem. I've been a member on here for a few years and a lurker before that. I only really visit this forum during the transfer window. Outside of the window it often feels a bit dead due to the limited number of topics and the feeling like everything needs to be a mega thread. It used to just be the same about 10 users just arguing the toss about the same thing.

There always seemed to be an air of superiority on this forum that the users were of a much higher intellectual level than those on fmttm which they are not. And with more users joining from there it has kind of made the situation worse as a few of the older members who have been around here for a long time have not been very accepting. Laying the blame on them is a bit off especially when some haven’t been very welcoming.

As for the PMing - should really name and shame people. If they are acting like *** in private then people should know about their behaviour. At least it might make them think about repeating their actions and if it doesn't solve the problem then just ban them.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Who is he? We been linked with him? He come with a good reputation? 

"Middlesbrough’s extensive search for a striker has seen them keeping an eye on Sporting Lisbon’s Andraz Sporar, according to A Bola, via Sport Witness."

He would be a great addition for us.  Just worried he's slightly out of reach for us.

• Thanks 1

Would Warnock know who sporar is? The way he spoke about the mystery player was how his name cropped up and they diddnt realise he was available, also that he would have him tomorrow ? Sounds to me like it could be a well known name 

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Would Warnock know who sporar is? The way he spoke about the mystery player was how his name cropped up and they diddnt realise he was available, also that he would have him tomorrow ? Sounds to me like it could be a well known name 

Could be two different people. We probably want 2 strikers in ideally 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

The mystery player and the name that cropped up are two different players. It is hard to keep on top of, to be fair, when no names are revealed!
But the 'mystery striker' is someone we've been chasing for weeks, who texted Warnock at the weekend. The one who cropped up last week is a new name.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""