oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

41 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Would Warnock know who sporar is? The way he spoke about the mystery player was how his name cropped up and they diddnt realise he was available, also that he would have him tomorrow ? Sounds to me like it could be a well known name 

That’s what made me think Rondon could be a good shout, apparently being released and seems like someone warnock would ‘have here tomorrow’, maybe a bit unrealistic though? 

I think Mounie could also qualify though after seeing his name mentioned.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

The first player I thought of was Jordan Hugill.. he strikes me as the sort of player that Warnock would go for and the sort of player who’s name might crop up. I can imagine Norwich wanting to upgrade on certain players from the championship and maybe Hugill would be one of those players. Also, the gadgie we’ve brought in from Norwich might have the inside track on a deal that might suit all parties. Hell of a stretch.. or is it? Ikpeazu, Hugill, Sporar & Watmore sounds like a right mix of options for the champo.

I'm going to write this again on here.  We had Hugill before.  We had him in the same team as the useless good for nothing Assombalonga.  One of them scored 14 goals that season, and one of them scored 6, and the one who scored 6 scored like 2 or 3 penalties.  Hugill is clearly a solid enough footballer at this level but no more than that.  Let's try and find more than that from somewhere, so we can stop playing at this level.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm going to write this again on here.  We had Hugill before.  We had him in the same team as the useless good for nothing Assombalonga.  One of them scored 14 goals that season, and one of them scored 6, and the one who scored 6 scored like 2 or 3 penalties.  Hugill is clearly a solid enough footballer at this level but no more than that.  Let's try and find more than that from somewhere, so we can stop playing at this level.

He's local though so his goals count double. 

He used to work in the Dickens you know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, CWC said:

So… will this finally be the week we find out who the mystery striker is?

We'll never find out, we'll sign Andre Grey and Bolasie on Deadline Day and the mystery striker will never get mentioned again.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I come back from a few quiet drinks and people are taking about Burger King and Father Ted’s house keeper - for 15 bloody pages. 

Any news on Muniz? 

Yeah, with Muniz he tweeted didn't he few days ago how he is looking forward to meeting his Fulham team mates ... can't believe for a while beginning of last week people thought there were still a chance he was coming here 🤣

There's GOT to be alternatives we are aware of who could do the job he would've done here if he arrived, considering the money we had seemingly to bring him in. 

I hope we manage to find someone who will be equally as exciting or at least of great potential, someone else on the list, could've been who Warnock was texting the other day? haha

Can't wait until another week or so has gone by so we are all clearer on who we are close to ... hopefully a signing or two that will make likes of Payero feel more at home and that he has made the right decision coming here. Something about his body language, not sure if it's just the way he looks .. but he looks subdued and a bit lost at moment IMO from what I've seen on the pitch since he arrived

Of course it's still very early days. It will take a good while before we have Payero one of the first names on team sheet and he enjoys every minute of the battle this season 

Let's see what the next few games bring .... fingers crossed 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I know, it’s tough to be critical of a player that has scored 14 goals compared to a player that scored 6. I think that Hugill would be more suited to the team now as he was then. Obviously like yourself I want us to go into the rest season with the best possible players we can recruit.

Spot on.

One player I can’t believe we haven’t been linked with is Pape Souaré. Ex-Palace left-back. Remember us being linked with him years back and would be good cover for a position that needs filled. Think he went on trial at Coventry in pre-season but they signed Maatson instead. 

1 minute ago, CWC said:

One player I can’t believe we haven’t been linked with is Pape Souaré. Ex-Palace left-back. Remember us being linked with him years back and would be good cover for a position that needs filled. Think he went on trial at Coventry in pre-season but they signed Maatson instead. 

Is he the one that had the bad car accident, or something like that?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is he the one that had the bad car accident, or something like that?

Yeah that’s him. Fully fit again now and looking for a club. 

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""