oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

It's a win win really, only a loan unless he scores 15 or we go up

If hes scoring 15 for us pretty likely we'd be in the play offs/going up in which case 8.5m euros not a lot if it's structured decently 

And 8.5m might include all the add ons 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I've got to say I thought when Sporting originally signed Sporar I thought he'd be a big hit for them so I am surprised it didn't work out for them.

If he can find the form once more I think he will be a huge hit for us, exciting signing in my opinion and I think he is a big coupe for us.

• Like 2

I wonder if he gets to 14 and we are out of the promotion picture he might 'pick up an injury' for the rest of the season😏

That said he does seem an interesting signing although up until 12 hours ago I hadn't heard of him and I will be absolutely heartbroken if we don't manage to sign him as been a huge fan of him for ages 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Surely it's 15+ goals or get promoted. I doubt it's both but would be better for us if both.

It's a lot of money the obligation though. It's £7.2m which is fine if we're promoted to the Premier League.

However, at 27 already isn't exactly much chance of a decent sell-on in the future if we don't get promoted it's a lot.

17 minutes ago, LBP said:

It's a win win really, only a loan unless he scores 15 or we go up

If hes scoring 15 for us pretty likely we'd be in the play offs/going up in which case 8.5m euros not a lot if it's structured decently 

That's not necessarily true though.

3 teams had players scoring 15+ goals last season who didn't make the play-offs.

It was 5 teams the season before.

I imagine it'll be an awkward situation near the end of the season if we're not near the play-offs if he's close to 15 goals.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

You'd think it's gotta be 15+ goals and promotion. Tying ourselves to 8+m for a guy that probably won't have any resale value, unless we get promoted seems dumb dumb.

I hope for our sake it's tied into goals and promotion. I'm fine with it if it is, it's sensible because £7.2m and we've been promoted to the Premier League you wouldn't be too bothered. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, notjade said:

Prime Ronaldo couldn't score 15 in a season for Boro so I reckon this is a pretty safe gamble. If he does go on to score that many I'd be ripping their hand off for £7mil

Assombalonga scored 15 for us, so I am certain that prime Ronaldo could.

• Like 1

If it’s both 15 goals and promotion that sounds like a great deal for us. Should be a pretty small loan fee for us this year which will allow us to have money to spend elsewhere. If we do manage to get promoted then £7 million or however much it is is nothing to a premier league club 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

I hope for our sake it's tied into goals and promotion. I'm fine with it if it is, it's sensible because £7.2m and we've been promoted to the Premier League you wouldn't be too bothered. 

Exactly. Plus if we had doubts about him in prem I'm sure if he stomped the championship we could make that 7m back pretty easily.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""