oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

29 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Warnock said majority of our squad haven't had vaccines.

Leo is back on training pitch today - he's had covid twice - thought he had it, didn't, then had it again.  He's been out in Portugal and Spain talking to players.

I aren't sure why. They are supposedly professionals and should be making every effort to be available to play.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I aren't sure why. They are supposedly professionals and should be making every effort to be available to play.

For some reason it seems a common problem with professional athletes that they don't want to "put something unknown into their body" despite pumping themselves full of painkillers all the time.

Just now, FinallyRegistered said:

So Leo (and presumably Bausor) have been in Portugal sorting the Sporar deal and have also been in Spain. Have we had any links to Spanish based players? 

Tried for Messi.

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Only reason I can think of is because of the side-effects. Its quite common to feel crappy for a day or two afterwards.

Still a pretty weak excuse though. They could stagger the vaccinations, so that only a couple of lads might be unavailable at any one time.

Only other valid excuse would be medical reasons - i.e. the vaccine could make them seriously ill. But again thats pretty rare.

46 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I think he’ll be signing as a left sided midfielder with Cieron Brown as back up to Bola. Obviously they can all play a few different positions so it will be nice to have different options and approaches.

Would be canny if we can get the rest of our transfer business done for a cheeky arfur..

3 Bidwell - £400k

8 Sporar - Loan

11 Hugill - Loan

23 Olusanya - Free

30 Brown - £100k

That being said I think we’d be daft not to drop forty deep sea divers into the deal with Aberdeen

19 Hedges - £700k 

What’s the deal with Bolasie? Was he injured at the back end of last season? Has Warnock left the door open with a take it or leave it deal? Archer was told he could come back to boro if he couldn’t find anything better.. 

We can’t be that far away from what he can realistically command in wages? Unless a lower prem club ends up being caught short on deadline day?!?

Man I love your player evaluations hahaha

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

For some reason it seems a common problem with professional athletes that they don't want to "put something unknown into their body" despite pumping themselves full of painkillers all the time.

Not to mention athletes in other sports that happily use steroids and other performance enhancing drugs...

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Not to mention athletes in other sports that happily use steroids and other performance enhancing drugs...

Has anybody even bothered asking the PFA about this? I haven't seen anything about it but surely the players' union knows or can figure out something about why so many players are refusing vaccines.

• Like 2

According to Tranfermarkt bidwell played the majority of his games last season in left midfield for Swansea. I don't hope he is our answer to the left wing slot, as his entire career suggests he is left back and not a winger.

Just now, Borodane said:

According to Tranfermarkt bidwell played the majority of his games last season in left midfield for Swansea. I don't hope he is our answer to the left wing slot, as his entire career suggests he is left back and not a winger.

Think they played with wing backs for their entire campaign.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Because we also need competiton/backup at the LB spot?

And? I can still be disappointed we aren't signing players for the positions that we actually need starters in. 

36 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

What a bizarre post.

Nothing bizarre about being disappointed at the lack of forward signings. Get back in your hole.  

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""