• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

What can we expect from sporar? Why are people excited for him? (Genuinely asking, not being sarcastic)

Because he is a striker.. and we only have 1

• Like 1
1 minute ago, liambell42 said:

What can we expect from sporar? Why are people excited for him? (Genuinely asking, not being sarcastic)

He's a senior striker to add to the one in the squad.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

bring back Gill

Sporar was Reccomended to Gary Gill November 2019 ( fact ) so he was likely scouted by Gary Gill and the scouting people over a period of time prior to him signing for Sporting . 
so he was on our radar , and has stayed on it so it seems. 

• Like 2
Just now, Simply Red said:

Sporar was Reccomended to Gary Gill November 2019 ( fact ) so he was likely scouted by Gary Gill and the scouting people over a period of time prior to him signing for Sporting . 
so he was on our radar , and has stayed on it so it seems. 

What's the source for that fact?

31 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:
43 minutes ago, Tom said:

Despite him 'starting in September', I reckon most of our signings this summer have been run past him to some extent, even if he hasn't been able to give us names himself.

I wonder if when he had his interview, he 'accidentally' let an old napkin fall out of his pocket that had a few names scribbled on it....

...only for Bausor to blow his nose on it and chuck it away. 

Given how Gibson has often taken a stance legally against breach of contract I can’t see him being a party to someone working for another club giving us tips, and I can’t imagine Norwich would be happy to have him working for us in advance of their contact ending. They may be premier league but it is still valuable information

I was being slightly tongue in cheek, but in any case, there is a difference between Scott giving us targets to look at (which I don't think he would have done, as Norwich could easily prove that he'd looked at the same players previously), and our scouts saying "we're thinking of signing this guy, what do you think?"

I'm not saying either happened, but after years of being tight with money, it would be weird for us to suddenly start splashing the cash before our new head of football came in, without his input on any of the players    

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Will said:

Does seem like Bausor has played a bit of a blinder in terms of the terms of the deal. Now let's hope our scouts were right in recommending him.

Am I missing something here?  We're paying his wages, which will make him our highest paid player.  How have we played a blinder?  They can't sell him and get their money back because no bugger is interested.  They loaned him to Braga last season because they don't want him.  It's no different to our loan of Bettinelli last season for example.  It's just a loan deal for a player whose club doesn't want him 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Am I missing something here?  We're paying his wages, which will make him our highest paid player.  How have we played a blinder?  They can't sell him and get their money back because no bugger is interested.  They loaned him to Braga last season because they don't want him.  It's no different to our loan of Bettinelli last season for example.  It's just a loan deal for a player whose club doesn't want him 🤷‍♂️

Portugese salaries aren't that high, he probably falls comfortably within our pay structure

Just now, Changing Times said:

A google search suggests not but of course that's not necessarily accurate like.

well nothing is accurate until you see payslips. but if you take into consideration that total market value of the top league in portugal is pretty much the same as the championship, and portugal is not known as a country that pays top wages then you can safely assume that Sporar is not on ridiculous money.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

A google search suggests not but of course that's not necessarily accurate like.

I've found one that says he's on £33k, another that says he's on £10k, and one that says €14k (roughly £12k). As you say, none are necessarily accurate, but the £33k one seems considerably too far off the other two to be absolutely legitimate.

Edit: Additionally, it depends on what each site in counting. Bonuses? Sponsorships? Signing on fee across the length of contract? I can't be arsed to look properly, but there's some factors which could make different numbers. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""