oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Ooh.

https://lc.nl/sport/Mitchell-van-Bergen-krijgt-met-Middlesbrough-mogelijk-zijn-vurig-gewenste-transfer-26994639.html

Mitchell van Bergen can continue his career in England. Middlesbrough is interested in the SC Heerenveen wing attacker. Van Bergen can sign a multi-year contract with the club that currently plays in the Championship - a level below the Premier League. With Middlesbrough, Van Bergen may get his fervently desired transfer. The English club took four points from the first two competition matches. The 21-year-old Van Bergen came over from Vitesse three seasons ago. Except for his first months, he was a basic player at Heerenveen. However, the club now wants to cooperate in a transfer, provided of course the right amount is put on the table. Van Bergen still has a one-year contract in the Abe Lenstra stadium. Previous attempts by Heerenveen to extend that contract came to nothing. Van Bergen has expressed his wish to leave several times in recent months. Heerenveen has to sell Van Bergen this summer or at the latest during the winter break in order to earn something from him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Nope. I think Kieran Scott was looking worldwide to find a 36 year old Sol Bamba. 

Hahah in all seriousness no I agree, I think Scott is well involved already.

Obviously they’ve let him bring some of his own crooks, bamba etc in 😂 but scott must be involved already

9 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Aye, flatters him a bit that.

1 - He's nothing like Hirving Lozano 😂

2 - Itnlists his weak foot as a strength, then you can count the amount of times he even touches the ball with his left foot on 2 hands... Maybe with an added foot, but still.

At the right price, he's worth a punt. He is quick, but very, very raw. Could prove a masterstroke, but not one you'd want to risk too much cash on for me. Get him cheaper with a promotion clause and sell on fee and it's less of a risk. 

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So does he seem like someone who could be converted to a left sided player and cutting in on his right?  Or is he more of an orthodox right winger type?

To be honest, in those highlights posted he popped up.on the left far more often than I remember. But as I just said in my previous post - that vid flatters him a little for me.

He uses his right foot a lot. Any intelligent defender would know to show him down the line, but he's stronger inside. If he can utilise his pace and work on his final ball / finishing? He could play either side. But have a watch and see just how often he solely uses his right foot. 

I have to agree with an earlier comment, definitely not a Warnock 'pick', however, great that the club have an eye on next season & beyond. Without a doubt we are starting to see the influence and fingerprints of Scott on specific deals/targets. 

• Like 1

Scott’s not involved with any of these transfers.

We appointed a new recruitment analyst a while back and it’s all on him.

Scott can’t be involved.

Just glad we finally got rid of our useless recruitment analysts and appointed professionals

• Like 14
Just now, Lurker said:

Scott’s not involved with any of these transfers.

We appointed a new recruitment analyst a while back and it’s all on him.

Scott can’t be involved.

Just glad we finally got rid of our useless recruitment analysts and appointed professionals

I think whether it's Scott or not people are just glad there seems to be some thought going into things now rather than just letting a manager sign a pile of players he likes just to leave a year later and the process repeats itself ad nauseam. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""