oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Another way of looking at it is that most loans these days come with a loan fee.  I would hazard a guess that 1 million Euro loan fee would not be out of the realms of possibility for a player like Sporar.  

Therefore if we are paying 2 million Euro salary and no loan fee as reported then its equivalent of paying a team 1 million loan fee plus a player salary of 16k per week

And I have no idea about what a year long loan fee for him would be but rumours have Sheffield United asking 1 million for Jebbison from Burton....

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

We aren't paying anyone 33k per week lets be really honest

I agree 33k per week contracts are gone at Middlesbrough but if there is no loan fee I don't think its out of the realms to think we are paying 2 million for a season for him

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeah, which works out just under £33k per week. Seems high to me, but it's the second place to report it.

That figure is what I thought it was, so I'm guessing they are getting it from the same place I did, but I can't actually remember where I saw it.  But yeah, that's why I said what I said about him being our highest paid player if he joined.  Not that this was an issue, just that it probably explained the terms of transfer obligation, and why they might want rid of him.  In my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I agree 33k per week contracts are gone at Middlesbrough but if there is no loan fee I don't think its out of the realms to think we are paying 2 million for a season for him

Which would mean we were in fact paying £33k per week then, if indeed it is a fact, which it might not be of course 🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

That figure is what I thought it was, so I'm guessing they are getting it from the same place I did, but I can't actually remember where I saw it.  But yeah, that's why I said what I said about him being our highest paid player if he joined.  Not that this was an issue, just that it probably explained the terms of transfer obligation, and why they might want rid of him.  In my opinion.

We have just lost 2 players who will have been on more, for a loan with a fairly low chance of having the obligation to pay any more on then it seems reasonable to me

• Like 1

You would also presume that if he scores enough and we go up to earn hat permanent obligation we would be delighted to be only paying 33k a week for a striker with premier league funds coming in.  Of course the obligation to buy might be on different weekly salary that we have agreed with the player. 

• Like 1

Which would mean we were in fact paying £33k per week then, if indeed it is a fact, which it might not be of course 🙂

In your opinion?

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We have just lost 2 players who will have been on more, for a loan with a fairly low chance of having the obligation to pay any more on then it seems reasonable to me

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was unreasonable either, if it's true that is.  At the end of the day, if that is what he's on, and we really want him, then we're paying it, that's just how it is.  I mean, think about what the outlay is currently standing at for Akpom, by way of a comparison.  Supposedly fairly hefty wages and a £3m or so transfer fee, and he's been here for a year now.  That'll be far more than a season of this lad would cost us.  It obviously costs us a lot more if everything works out well, but it's not crazy money more really, £2m more than we paid for Gestede, and at least this lad would have scored 15 goals and helped us to promotion!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

You would also presume that if he scores enough and we go up to earn hat permanent obligation we would be delighted to be only paying 33k a week for a striker with premier league funds coming in.  Of course the obligation to buy might be on different weekly salary that we have agreed with the player. 

There is a potential risk to it though, and that is if he/we hit those two targets, but for some reason we don't want to buy him.  Maybe he gets a bad injury right at the end of the season.  Maybe we just don't believe he can make the step up to the Premier League.  Maybe he's a complete tosser, and we'd just rather he wasn't around the club any longer.  In that type of scenario, we're now paying £2m wages, £8m transfer fee, plus at least £2m per year again on top of that, for a player that we don't actually want.  Even with the Premier League money, that's still quite a waste, although he clearly has helped us get there in the first place.  This is a different example so please bear with me, but if you think about us signing Rhodes during that promotion campaign, he scored goals to help us get promoted, but then he wasn't wanted afterwards.  Thankfully we were able to shift him on for good money, and obviously if something similar happened here then we'd be hoping to do the same with Sporar, it's just whether we could do it or not, cos as I've we've seen with Gestede, it's not always possible.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""