oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Biggest problem was an absent midfield and a sloppy defence/poor goalkeeper. We should’ve waltzed through that game without needing subs to exert an influence on the outcome.

To be fair I agree - but I was meaning that because players were off their game we had no options.  Granted we should have walked the match when they went down to 10.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Biggest problem last night in my opinion was no options to change things from the bench.  That's what we need to address and by the sound of things are

We did have one option! We had a £6m playmaker sat there as a ready made replacement for the worst player on the pitch.

What a perfect game for Payero to come in against 10 men where he'd get a little more time on the ball than usual.

Instead he gets 5 minutes and we take off one of the best players to play long balls to Chuba useless bloody Akpom instead. 

• Like 1

Desperately need a right winger coming in. Hopefully that van Bergen will be coming in. I thought Spence had a good game, but I think it is pretty clear he isn’t a proper winger

• Like 2

It seems that the argument is centred on Payero and whether or not he’s ready. But the manager has talked about soft defending and not getting an early foot in, so I’m more interested in his reasoning for ignoring a seasoned campaigner whose bread & butter is snapping into challenges and breaking up play? The midfield two were simply woeful in the 2nd half and not replacing one of them with Morsy is a complete mystery to me.

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We did have one option! We had a £6m playmaker sat there as a ready made replacement for the worst player on the pitch.

What a perfect game for Payero to come in against 10 men where he'd get a little more time on the ball than usual.

Instead he gets 5 minutes and we take off one of the best players to play long balls to Chuba useless bloody Akpom instead. 

I totally agree he should have been on earlier.  5 minutes at the end is a waste of time and is never going to get him up to the pace of the league.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

To be fair I agree - but I was meaning that because players were off their game we had no options.  Granted we should have walked the match when they went down to 10.

Think Morsy should have came on personally once we equalised to give us more solidity to push for a winner rather then Payero

7 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Desperately need a right winger coming in. Hopefully that van Bergen will be coming in. I thought Spence had a good game, but I think it is pretty clear he isn’t a proper winger

I think for Spence I’d rather him play wing back with a back 3 including Dijksteel at the right of the 3. But I think he had his best game in a while last night in patches

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

It seems that the argument is centred on Payero and whether or not he’s ready. But the manager has talked about soft defending and not getting an early foot in, so I’m more interested in his reasoning for ignoring a seasoned campaigner whose bread & butter is snapping into challenges and breaking up play? The midfield two were simply woeful in the 2nd half and not replacing one of them with Morsy is a complete mystery to me.

This is the point, how he didnt replace even one of the midfield is just bizarre. Those two are simply incapable of playing that system

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""