oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, BoroBoy1989 said:

You can play in a system that doesn’t suit your strengths and still at least show desire and look interested. Akpom couldn’t look less interested if he tried. 

Alrbough, given Warnock’s thinly veiled disparaging comments towards him last season, I suppose he’s got an excuse to down tools 

Actually I think he’s come on at times and at least seemed to be pressing and giving energy but not had any play in the game to give him chances. He can’t score if not given a chance to

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I think Akpoms got an unfair deal really. Same as Britt, bought strikers that didn’t fit a system we want to play and wonder why they struggle. If we can sell him and get better suited players then that’s great but it’s not all down to him being a bad player 

I agree generally speaking that the lad is clearly not suited and that he's been thrown under a bus by his manager and then thrown onto the pitch last night for some reason. He's not gonna succeed here whether he is good or bad at what he does.

So maybe this is harsh to say but I don't get the feeling he is that good at what he's good at either. We'll likely never know but I don't think he's a good player at this level regardless.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I think Akpoms got an unfair deal really. Same as Britt, bought strikers that didn’t fit a system we want to play and wonder why they struggle. If we can sell him and get better suited players then that’s great but it’s not all down to him being a bad player 

6 and 2 3s really. I think everyone could plainly see after a game or 2 that Akpom was not the striker Warnock wanted and wouldn't really fit in with how we want to play. It's not his incompatibility with our playing "style" that he's criticised for, for me it's not even his ability but his effort. He hides, trots about offering no options while we're on the ball and lets the centre halves have a lovely casual stroll through the park when we're off it. He won't drop deep and try to link up the play, he doesn't make runs in behind, out wide or into the channels. 

It's clearly not a tactical instruction as Warnock cried about it all last season and Uche and Crooks have been tearing after their man when we're not in possession. Not having the strength or stature to play as a hold up man with your back to goal isn't something that can be helped, neither is lacking technical ability. However  not having the willingness, motivation or desire to try to make an impact on the game is. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Yeah not sure what anyone expects from a guy who we're actively trying to get rid of and replace. The manager deserves the stick for a daft substitution and making us even less effective against ten men. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Yeah not sure what anyone expects from a guy who we're actively trying to get rid of and replace. The manager deserves the stick for a daft substitution and making us even less effective against ten men. 

He'd also only trained once

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro are expected to sign Andraz Sporar and Toyosi Olusanya this week, however, Neil Warnock has confirmed they won't be available for the Derby game.

If they have both had Medicals you’d think there’s a good chance they’ll be in before Midday Friday when the deadline is for Saturday, have to see 

5 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro are expected to sign Andraz Sporar and Toyosi Olusanya this week, however, Neil Warnock has confirmed they won't be available for the Derby game.

Is this a tweet? I don't want to be a broken record here but can we please link our sources.

• Like 2

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19524130.middlesbrough-hoping-ahead-transfer-deadline/

"Warnock also needs a left-back, with Marc Bola currently the only natural option in the position.

Talks with Swansea City over Jake Bidwell have stalled over the Welsh club’s £2.5m valuation of the defender, so Boro’s recruitment team might find themselves having to look elsewhere.

Joe Bryan is not currently getting a game with Fulham, although as an experienced 27-year-old, he would not be cheap."

I wonder if this is a suggestion from Scott Wilson, or if he's heard something?

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19524130.middlesbrough-hoping-ahead-transfer-deadline/

"Warnock also needs a left-back, with Marc Bola currently the only natural option in the position.

Talks with Swansea City over Jake Bidwell have stalled over the Welsh club’s £2.5m valuation of the defender, so Boro’s recruitment team might find themselves having to look elsewhere.

Joe Bryan is not currently getting a game with Fulham, although as an experienced 27-year-old, he would not be cheap."

I wonder if this is a suggestion from Scott Wilson, or if he's heard something?

It’s a daft shout if it is, he would be £5m minimum when we already have Bola. Just a nothing suggestion 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""